2015 Book Favorites and Stats

Books

I read 60 books this year. That’s one more than last year.  Next year’s goal will be 61 🙂

44 Fiction , 16 Non-fiction

Of those 44 fiction books, 25 were written by authors new to me!

33 Female authors , 27 Male authors

It was a banner year for audiobooks with 27 and 2 where I both read and listened.

I continued with 6 series that I already read (Mrs. Pollifax, Jack Reacher, Lucas Davenport, Blue Heron, Vanessa Michael Monroe, and Tommy & Tuppence)

I read 8 books for the Classics Club.  I have 4 years to finish 42 more 🙂

My favorite cover

Oldest book read?  The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Conan Arthur Doyle, 1902

Shortest book? 84, Charing Cross by Helene Hanff, 97 pages

Longest book? The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, 672 pages

Most read author? A tie! I read 2 Agatha Christie (And Then There Were None, By the Pricking of My Thumbs) and 2 John Sandford (Field of Prey, Gathering Prey)

My 5 favorite books this year

1.The Homecoming of Samuel LakeThe Homecoming of Samuel Lake.  This is everything Southern fiction should be.

2.fpoRoll of Thunder, Hear My Cry. More Southern fiction at its best.  Winner of the 1977 Newberry Medal.

3.fpoThe Fault in Our Stars.  It was worth all the hype.

4.fpoMe Before You.  Also worth the hype. I’m looking forward to the sequel and movie in 2016!

5.fpoThe Perfect Match.  Second in the Blue Heron series and my favorite romance this year.

BONUS FAVORITE

None of these books were published this year so I’m adding a 6th favorite, my favorite book published in 2015.

6.fpoFirst Frost. I love SAA and this continuing story of the Waverly family.

December 31, 2015 - Posted by | Uncategorized |

1. The only 1 of your 6 I have read is Me Before You. And I totally agree about that one. Should I be reading 1 or more of the other 5? And please keep in mind that my TBR pile is already gigantic!

Comment by Lloyd Russell | December 31, 2015 | Reply

• Well, I would say to add The Homecoming of Samuel Lake to your list. I listened to most of it and the audio was fantastic.

Comment by stacybuckeye | December 31, 2015 | Reply

2. I couldn’t even pick favorites this year; I didn’t feel there were enough compared to other years!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | December 31, 2015 | Reply

• I adored the first two and could have just listed those two and felt good about it 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | December 31, 2015 | Reply

3. I loved ‘Samuel Lake’. I have to say I’m very impressed with your stats. When I had young kids I think I read 10 books a year (maybe!).

Comment by Mary | December 31, 2015 | Reply

• It seems impressive doesn’t it? But you notice that almost half were audiobooks. I listen in the car and when I’m spending hours in the kitchen.

Comment by stacybuckeye | December 31, 2015 | Reply

4. I’m impressed, Stacy! Like Mary, I remember when having a young child put a bit of a damper on the reading. I love your ’61 in 2016′ goal. LOL

My audiobook stats are up this year too. I think that is partly because of living in the country, but I’m also thinking I spent more time walking and listening, which was a good thing.

Comment by Kay | December 31, 2015 | Reply

• Yes, my audiobooks are way up and I expect that to continue. To be honest, I had to be a little OCD in reaching the goal this year. It was sometime in November when I realized that I had to read 10 books to reach my goal. And then I realized that 60 books was the only personal goal I set this year so I worked like mad to reach it!

Comment by stacybuckeye | December 31, 2015 | Reply

5. I’ve read 2 of your favorites and loved both of them. I got an Audible subscription for Christmas that I’m very excited about so my audio books might go up this year.

Comment by BermudaOnion | December 31, 2015 | Reply

• Oh, I’ve been so tempted to try Audible so I’m curious to see what you think. What a great gift!

Comment by stacybuckeye | December 31, 2015 | Reply

6. I loved your 1, 3 and 4 Stacy. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2016.

Comment by Diane | December 31, 2015 | Reply

7. Congrats on reading more this year. Many of your favorites have made my lists over the years. I love the Blue Heron series too. Happy New Year.
    My Favorites of 2015

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | December 31, 2015 | Reply

• I really hope to catch up with the Blue Heron this year!

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 10, 2016 | Reply

8. I thought that First Frost was a good read. I am the odd lady out when it comes to Fault In Our Stars though. The Woman in White has been on my TBR for a ridiculously long time. Maybe this will be the year.
    It looks like you had a wonderful year. Congratulations on meeting your reading goal. I like that you add just one more book to the challenge every year.
    Happy New Years!

Comment by SDCB Steph | January 1, 2016 | Reply

• The Fault in Our Stars is tricky because the dialogue borders on too much and either you’re all in or annoyed 🙂 The Woman in White ages well, enjoy!

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 13, 2016 | Reply

9. I love the cover to The Dress Shop of Dreams too. 🙂 I had hoped to get to that book this year, but didn’t. I hope to this year. I really liked The Fault in Our Stars too. And Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry is a childhood favorite I should revisit someday. I still have my copy. 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful 2016, Stacy, both in reading and in life.

Comment by Literary Feline | January 1, 2016 | Reply

• Thanks, my friend! I hope both of our years bring happiness and health!

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 13, 2016 | Reply

10. I really like the cover of The Dress Shop of Dreams, which I thought was a cute story.

Comment by A.M.B. | January 4, 2016 | Reply

11. Sarah Addison Allen is one f my favorite authors. Read all her books – can’t wait for her next one.

Comment by Rosemary Wolfe, NoChargeBookbunch | January 8, 2016 | Reply

• She can’t write fast enough for me either!

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 13, 2016 | Reply