I thought this week we’d see if you can match these recognizable Patrick’s with something they said.
I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round (sometime in June). For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else You have til Sunday to guess.
Choices-Patrick Ness (author of Chaos Walking trilogy), Patrick Henry (politician, attorney), Saint Patrick, Patrick O’Brian (author of Aubrey/Maturin naval adventure novels), Danica Patrick (racecar driver), Patrick Swayze (actor), Patrick Dempsey (actor), Patrick Buchanan (moral authority), Patrick Duffy (actor), Patrick Stewart (actor)
1. “I found that dance was key to keeping depression out of my life. When you dance, things just go away, things don’t seem so bad. There’s no better way to take care of health than through something as joyous and beautiful as dance.” Patrick Swayze
2. “I would normally say ‘no’ to turning someone else’s idea into a book, but the idea was so strong and so vivid that I never felt like I was completely fabricating something she didn’t want. There was just enough material to kick me off, and have the freedom to let the story live and breathe while also celebrating her idea.” Patrick Ness
3. “I look forward to a time when my career is in a place where I can get out of Los Angeles and find a nice small town like I grew up in to raise my family.” Patrick Dempsey
4. “I know not what others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death.” Patrick Henry
5. “I wouldn’t know a space-time continuum or warp core breach if they got into bed with me” Patrick Stewart
6. “Obviously, I have lived very much out of the world: I know little of present-day Dublin or London or Paris, even less of post-modernity, post-structuralism, hard rock or rap, and I cannot write with much conviction about the contemporary scene.” Patrick O’Brian
7. I know what it takes to be fast and I feel like every year I learn valuable lessons about how to be better the next time.” Danica Patrick
8. “I go to my sons for everything, and they’ll tell me…many times, I’ll say, ‘I don’t think this is very good,’ and they say, ‘No, you have to do this.’ Or I’ll come to them and say, ‘This sounds pretty good. What do you think?’ And they say, ‘Are you out of your mind?’ So I go to them with everything. They’re my touchstones to the 21st century.” Patrick Duffy
9. “Peoples of European descent are not only in a relative but a real decline. They are aging, dying, disappearing. This is the existential crisis of the West.” Patrick Buchanan
10. “I am Patrick, a sinner, most uncultivated and least of all the faithful and despised in the eyes of many.” Saint Patrick
Answers to last week’s Women History Quiz here. Rules and Leaderboard here.