March Madness Tall Guy Quiz – guessing closed

So, it’s March Madness, brackets are being filled out, money is exchanging hands, too many hours will be spent listening to the ‘experts’.  And I love every minute of it!  Jason and I have our standing bet -winner picks the next FIVE theater movies-and the pressure is on since I’ve lost two years in a row 😦  If you have any inside information for my bracket I’ll throw in a few extra points this week.  Anyway, on to the quiz.  I thought we’d form our own 10 man team of tall guys.  Yes, I realize that Clive at 81 will probably be a bench warmer, but he IS tall.  See if you can list these authors from shortest to tallest.  Some share the same height so you have extra chances to get that right 😉

I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you.  If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round (sometime in June).  For all of the details, click here.  Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else :)   You have til Sunday to guess.

The tall guys– Clive Cussler, Lee Child, Stephen King, John Green, John Grisham, Harlan Coben, Steve Martin, Brad Parks, John Sandford, Sherman Alexie

List them from SHORTEST to TALLEST (I’ll help by listing the heights. I know, I know, this week is a guessfest!) Good Luck!

6′ 0″  Steve Martin

6′ 0″  John Green

6′ 1″  Brad Parks (won the Lefty Award for best humorous mystery of the year this past weekend)

6′ 1″  John Grisham

6′ 2″  John Sandford

6′ 2″  Sherman Alexie

6′ 3′  Clive Cussler

6′ 4″  Stephen King

6′ 4″  Lee Child

6′ 4″  Harlan Coben

Answers to last week’s Patrick Quiz here. Leaderboard here.

March 19, 2013 - Posted by | Quizzes |

1. Oh good Lord I have NO IDEA!!! But I share your enthusiasm for March Madness. You can tell we are from the Midwest.

Comment by Sandy | March 19, 2013 | Reply

• Both of us are still alive! The Bucks had me scared yesterday.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply

2. umm scuse my ignorance but what’s March Madness??

and let the guessing begin lol

Lee Child
    John Green
    John Grisham
    Steve Martin
    Sherman Alexie
    John Sandford
    Brad Parks
    Clive Cussler
    Harlan Coben
    Stephen King

Comment by Teddyree | March 19, 2013 | Reply

• Heehee. March Madness is the college basketball national championship. It’s a tournament with 68 teams and there is lots of betting surrounding the tourney. We’re down to 16 teams and Ohio State is still in 🙂
      But on to what you really care about…60 points!!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply

3. Hmmm….well, a guessfest indeed. First of all, I have no extra info for March Madness. Texas had an incredibly horrible year. They won’t be in any part of it for the first time in something like 25 years. Sigh. OK, tall guys – well, I’ve actually seen Clive Cussler, but I can’t remember how tall he was. Could I get extra points for having a tall husband and son-in-law? My hubby is 6’3″ and my son-in-law is 6’6″. LOL

Stephen King
    Clive Cussler
    John Grisham
    Sherman Alexie
    John Green
    John Sandford
    Steve Martin
    Harlan Coben
    Brad Parks
    Lee Child

Comment by Kay | March 19, 2013 | Reply

• Well, I will give you an extra 2 points for your tall guys but that only gets you to 42. My hubby is 6’4′,his dad is 6’5″ and mom 5’10”. I always feel like a total shrimp when I’m with his family.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply

4 Stephen King
    4 Sherman Alexie
    4 John Sandford

Comment by Word Lily | March 19, 2013 | Reply

• 50 points isn’t so bad on a guessing week 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply

5. I hope this is your year! When my favorite teams lose, I quit paying attention!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | March 19, 2013 | Reply

• When OSU or MSU loses and Jason and I’s bet has been decided I don’t care either 🙂 That why it’s always more fun when we make our bet.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply

Comment by thetruebookaddict | March 20, 2013 | Reply

• Your ole college try netted you 20 points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply

7. Ha!! This is fantastic! I’m sure to fail 🙂

GO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | March 20, 2013 | Reply

• The only two I would have known for sure were Martin and Coben!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply

8. Sherman Alexie
    Stephen King
    John Green
    John Sandford
    John Grisham
    Steve Martin
    Brad Parks
    Harlan Coben
    Clive Cussler
    Lee Child

Comment by softdrink | March 20, 2013 | Reply

• 20 points! I promise to make this week’s a little less guessy 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply

9. Steve Martin (I think he fudged his height a bit)
    John Green
    Brad Parks (not familiar with him, sorry if I made him shorter)
    John Grisham

Cussler
    Grisham
    Child
    Parks
    Coben

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | March 24, 2013 | Reply

• 40 points puts you right in the middle this week.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 25, 2013 | Reply