I’ve given the answers to the Shakespeare quiz if you want to check it out.
Here’s how to play…Identify the author by leaving a comment with the # and I’ll cross it off the list. No Googling, that’s cheating and no fun! If you know them all, please don’t guess every one. HINT: All of these authors appear on my top 100 list.
1. I was a great novelist, but was loved for my philosophical system, objectivism. AYN RAND
2. Although a skilled writer, I wrote only one novel about the pursuit of vanity and my friend Dorian. Oscar Wilde, Jessica
3. “I am probably responsible for the odd fact that people don’t seem to name their daughters Lolita anymore.” (1964) Nabokov, Mark
4. No one wanted my masterpiece about dunces so I killed myself and was awarded the Pulitzer Prize after my death in 1981. John Kennedy Toole, Jessica
5. Who knew my book about a seagull would get so much attention? Richard Bach, Mark
6. I was married six times and had eight children, but still had the time to win two Pulitzer Prizes before my death last November. NORMAN MAILER
7. The grandson of a slave I wrote my first story at 15 and joined the Communist Party in the 30’s before leaving the US for good in 1946. RICHARD WRIGHT
8. You have all read my short stories, but it is my novel about Puritan adultery that still tops reading lists nad makes women wary of red A’s. Nathaniel Hawthorne, Jason
9. I began my famous “trilogy” guide for hitchhikers on radio, but it became a tv series, comic book series, computer game, and a feature film. DOUGLAS ADAMS
10. I wrote The Awakening, a shocking novel of adultery and suicide and due to bad reviews stopped writing five years before I died of a brain hemorrhage in 1904. KATE CHOPIN