With another Super Bowl behind us I thought we’d visit some NFL players who have gone on to have acting careers. I wanted to make it about books, but not surprisingly, I found little connection between ex-football players and literature 😉 Good luck. Each one is worth 10 points.
You have until Friday noon to submit your answers as a comment. I hide your answers until then.
A few rules…No cheating. No googling or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system…Your first answers will be the only ones accepted…Have fun!
This round for every participant I have (currently at $27) I will put in a $ for a B&N gift card or a Babies R Us gift card for the winner. Even if you play only once you are eligible to win the second prize (something special I pick out) and you will be adding money to the kitty for the winner.
Answers to last week’s Pictured Title Quiz here. Current Leaderboard here.
1. Did he really retire? Did he mean it this time? What movie is this Brett Favre cameo from? There’s Something About Mary
2. Carl Weathers played for the Raiders before turning to acting. He is best known for his turn in the Rocky movies I-IV, when he was surprisingly killed off. What was his character’s name in the Rocky movies? Apollo Creed
3. Dan Marino played himself in what early Jim Carrey movie? Ace Ventura Pet Detective
4. Terry Bradshaw, former Steeler, bared it all in what 2006 movie featuring Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew McConaughey? Failure to Launch
5. Bubba Smith, after 9 years in the NFL turned to acting. He is probably best known for his role in what 1980’s movies? Police Academy
6. Who is this NFL player who made the 1991 movie Stone Cold? Brian Bosworth
7. Ed O’Neill, was signed by the Steelers in 1969 but cut during training camp. He’s starred in several movies, but it’s his turn as Al Bundy that we remember him for. What current television comedy does he star in? Modern Family
8. Another casualty of NFL training camp, this athlete turned actor is most famous for portraying Superman on the small screen. Who is he? Dean Cain
9. This NFL Hall of Famer, has starred in many movies (The Waterboy, Shaft remake, Any Given Sunday), but this month he had to register as a sex offender and start serving 6 years probation. Who is he? Lawrence Taylor
10. And what football list would be complete without NFL’er turned Naked Gun Hertz guy, turned famous murderer, who is currently serving time in prison for numerous felonies. Who is this man named after a breakfast juice? OJ Simpson