I’m trying to get back into the swing of things here as Gage turns one week old. Let’s see how much you know about the name and word Gage. Each one worth 10 points and you have until Thursday night to submit your answers. I hide your answers until then.
Here are the rules… 1. Open to everyone. Play once or every week, that’s okay. I’m happy to have you here today.
2. No cheating. No googling, other internet searches or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system
3. Your first answers will be the only ones accepted.
Last quiz here. Current Leaderboard here.
1. The name Gage gained popularity with this 1980’s Stephen King novel and movie. Pet Sematary
2. Gage is an old French, English, or Scottish surname? English
3. William Dietrich’s Ethan Gage series is set during which wars? Napoleonic
4. Which is NOT a definition for gage?
A. Old fashioned slang for marijuana
B. An object thrown down to indicate a challenge
C. To pledge or wager
D. In abundance
5. The book Phineas Gage by John Fleischman is the gruesome but true story about what? Brain Science
6. Leighton Gage writes a series about Chief Inspector who? Mario Silva
7. Gage is another name for which fruit? Plum
8. A British general and governor of Massachusetts, his attempts to suppress colonial resistance led to the start of the American Revolution. Thomas Gage
9. Gage as a boy’s name reached the height of its popularity at #136 in the year 1989, 2003, or 2009? 2003
10. There are 13,584 people with the last name Gage in the US. In which state is it most popular? Texas