Many of you already know why there was no quiz last week (post here) and there is no surprise what inspired this week’s quiz. See if you can guess these fictional doctors. Each one is worth 10 points. You have until noon on Friday to submit your answers, they will be hidden til then.
A few rules…No cheating. No googling or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system…Your first answers will be the only ones accepted…Have fun!
This round for every participant I have (currently at $27) I will put in a $ for a B&N gift card or a Babies R Us gift card for the winner. Even if you play only once you are eligible to win the second prize (something special I pick out) and you will be adding money to the kitty for the winner.
1. Theodor Geisel went by another name and published 44 children’s books. What was his most famous pen name? Dr. Seuss
2. This doctor in children’s books preferred animals over his human patients. Dr. Dolittle
3. This doctor and poet tells the story of the Russian Revolution in this novel by Boris Pasternak. Dr. Zhivago
4. Sherlock Holmes’ assistant and roommate in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle stories. Dr. Watson
5. Thomas Harris wrote several novels featuring this psychiatrist and serial killer, played expertly by Anthony Hopkins in the most famous movie of his work. Dr. Hanibal Lecter
6. This professor of religious iconology and symbology has been on the bestseller list and top of the movie charts. Dr. Robert Langdon
7. In which of Joy Fielding’s books did the doctor ‘take care’ of his amnesic wife? See Jane Run
8. Stevenson’s doctor became synonymous with a split personality. Dr. Jekyll
9. This doctor spent 18 years in the Bastille in Dicken’s historical novel. Dr. Alexandre Manette
10. I wish I’d had him for Gage’s diagnosis! Dr. Gregory House