Is There a Doctor in the House? Quiz – Guessing Closed

Many of you already know why there was no quiz last week (post here) and there is no surprise what inspired  this week’s quiz.  See if you can guess these fictional doctors.  Each one is worth 10 points.  You have until noon on Friday to submit your answers, they will be hidden til then.

A few rules…No cheating.  No googling or looking at other commenter answers.  Yes, we’re going by the honor system…Your first answers will be the only ones accepted…Have fun!

This round for every participant I have (currently at $27)  I will put in a $ for a B&N gift card or a Babies R Us gift card for the winner. Even if you play only once you are eligible to win the second prize (something special I pick out) and you will be adding money to the kitty for the winner.

Answers to the last quiz Footballers Can Act  here.  Quiz Leaderboard here.

1. Theodor Geisel went by another name and published 44 children’s books.  What was his most famous pen name?  Dr. Seuss

2. This doctor in children’s books preferred animals over his human patients.  Dr. Dolittle

3. This doctor and poet tells the story of the Russian Revolution in this novel by Boris Pasternak.  Dr. Zhivago

4. Sherlock Holmes’ assistant and roommate in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle stories.  Dr. Watson

5. Thomas Harris wrote several novels featuring this psychiatrist and serial killer, played expertly by Anthony Hopkins in the most famous movie of his work.  Dr. Hanibal Lecter

6. This professor of religious iconology and symbology has been on the bestseller list and top of the movie charts.  Dr. Robert Langdon

7. In which of Joy Fielding’s books did the doctor ‘take care’ of his amnesic wife?  See Jane Run

8. Stevenson’s doctor became synonymous with a split personality.  Dr. Jekyll

9. This doctor spent 18 years in the Bastille in Dicken’s historical novel.  Dr. Alexandre Manette

10. I wish I’d had him for Gage’s diagnosis!  Dr. Gregory House

40 thoughts on “Is There a Doctor in the House? Quiz – Guessing Closed

1. barbaravb says:

1. Dr. Seuss
    2. Dr. Doolittle
    3. Dr. Zivago
    4. Dr. Watson
    5. Dr. Hannibal Lecter
    6. The dude in Angels and Demmons and that other best-seller which I should remember but don’t

I don’t know the rest and I can’t see the picture.

Lots of good luck and better doctors for little Gage!

2. Misha says:

1. Dr. Seuss
    2. Dr. Doolittle
    3. Dr. Zhivago
    4. Watson
    5. Hannibal Lecter
    6.Robert Langdon
    7. See Jane Run
    8. Dr.Jekyll
    9. Dr. Manette (A Tale of Two Cities)
    10. Can’t see the picture

3. Word Lily says:

1. Dr. Seuss
    2. Dr. Doolittle
    3. Dr. Zhivago
    4. Watson
    5. Hannibal Lecter
    6. Robert Langdon
    7. See Jane Run
    8. Dr. Jekyll
    9. Dr. Manette
    10. The photo’s only displaying as a black line, but I’ll take a stab at it: Dr. House

4. Kay says:

1. Dr. Seuss
    2. Dr. Doolittle
    3. Dr. Zhivago
    4. Dr. Watson
    5. Hannibal Lector
    6. Robert Langdon
    8. Dr. Jekyl
    10. Dr. House (?) I’ve got a blank screen but if you want diagnosis, Gregory House is the guy.

5. Bumbles says:

1 = Dr. Seuss
    2 = Dr. Doolittle
    3 = Dr. Zhivago
    4 = Dr. Watson (I presume)
    5 = Dr. Lecter
    6 = Dr. Langdon
    7 = ?
    8 = Dr. Jeckyl
    9 = ?
    10 = There is no photo viewable. Hmmm – I’m guessing a TV doctor here – either Dr. House or Dr. McDreamy…

6. Nise' says:

4. Dr. Watson
    5. Hannibal Lecter
    6. Robert Langdon
    7. See Jane Run
    8. Dr. Jeckyl
    9. Dr. Manette
    10. The picture’s not showing up, so I’m guessing based on context: Dr. Gregory House 🙂

8. softdrink says:

1. Dr Seuss
    3. Dr. Zhivago
    4. Watson
    5. Hannibal Lechter
    6.It’s the Dan Brown books…and Tom Hanks played him…just can’t think of his name…argh!
    8. Dr. Jekyll
    10. House

9. Calila says:

1. Dr. Suess
    2. Dr. Dolittle
    4. Dr. Watson
    5. Hannibal Lecter
    6. Dan Brown?
    8. Dr. Jekyll
    10. Dr. House

(So happy Gage is doing good. I can only imagine how scary it must’ve been.)

10. Carol M says:

1. Dr. Seuss
    2. Dr. Dolittle
    3. Dr. Zhivago
    4. Dr. John Watson
    5. Dr. Hannibal Lecter
    8. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
    10. Dr. Gregory House – I just love him!! lol

11. Jennifer Rayment says:

1 Dr. Seuss
    2 Dr. Doolittle
    3 Dr Zhivago
    4 Dr. Watson
    5 Dr. Hannibal Lecter (shiver shiver)
    6 Some Dr from Davinci Code I’m guessing – never read or seen (also on same challenge listed in answer #9)
    7 absolutely no idea
    8 Dr Jekyll
    9 Dr. Manette (strangely reading this right now as part of a challenge I am doing)
    10 Dr Gregory House (played by the delightful Hugh Laurie whom I loved from the Blackadder series)

Hope you and little Gage are doing better — nothing more stressful when your child is sick and no idea why. Hoping for you guys that is just a weird thing that happened once and will never happen again like in our family. For some strange reason me, my oldest son, myself and my niece have had a seizure at age 4 for no apparent reason and non of us have had one since and no fever present in any of the cases. Just plain weird. Big hugs!!!!!

• stacybuckeye says:

81 points (1 for #6 :))
      Thanks for your encouragement about Gage. Two more tests coming up next week and then we’ll see. I have a cousin who had seizures for awhile and then outgrew them.

12. Mariska says:

My answers ;

1. Dr.Seuss
    2. Dr.Dolittle
    3. Dr.Zhivago
    4. Dr.John Watson
    5. Dr.Hannibal Lecter
    6. Robert Langdon
    7. See Jane Run ( i just finished this novel. It’s Awesome book !)
    8. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
    9. Dr.Manette
    10. Dr.Gregory House

I hope Gage is doing better and better right now !