Saturday Snapshot – 17 years ago

To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.  Visit At Home with Books to participate.

Yesterday was the 17th anniversary of our first date.  On our first date Jason picked me up after I got home from work at 9:30 and took me to an improv comedy club and afterwards we went to a diner for some food.  Tomorrow will be the 17th anniversary of our second date, a dinner after I got off work.  In between those dates I had a date with some other guy, but the poor thing never had a chance after I met Jason.  Here are a few pictures from that first year together.  We look like such kids! I was 24 and Jason was 19 and we were living in the Washington DC area.

1234

51 thoughts on “Saturday Snapshot – 17 years ago

1. Lloyd Russell says:

You’re the only other person I know that celebrates a first date. My wife and I had our first date 47 years ago this coming October 8. It’s way more fun than celebrating a wedding anniversary.

2. Leslie says:

Congrats on 17 years… and that you know the date of your first date. My memory isn’t that good. I can narrow it down to a month and year… I doubt my husband even remembers what year!

3. Ali (Worducopia) says:

So cute! My husband and I celebrated our first date every year until we got married (10 years later) then decided we’d better switch to celebrating our wedding anniversary so we wouldn’t forget when it was.

4. Wrighty says:

How sweet! Love the pics! Doesn’t it seem like a lifetime ago, especially after having children? Our first date was our junior year of high school. You make a great couple and I hope you have many, many more years of wonderful memories! Happy first date anniversary! 🙂

5. redladysreadingroom says:

These are sweet pictures…isn’t it amazing when you look back and you looks so young in those days?!

6. Literary Feline says:

How awesome! I think it’s wonderful that you celebrate moments like this. My husband and I really didn’t date in the traditional sense when we first met, and so it would be hard to pinpoint when our first “date” actually was. We do celebrate the day we decided to become a couple though–it’ll be 22 years this coming September.

Congratulations and may you have many more wonderful years together. 🙂

7. boardinginmyforties says:

You guys have practically grown up together and now you have beautiful little Gage, wow…congratulations!