First Book of 2016

Welcome to 2016, friends!  My only new blogging goal right now is a new look for the blog so be on the lookout 🙂1st aI couldn’t resist joining Sheila this year in celebrating the first book I’m going to read this year.  I considered many but decided on one that I won from fellow blogger Lloyd.  It was his favorite of the year a few years back and it’s been sitting on my shelves for that long (this happened last year when I won Lisa’s favorite book and it took me years to read. I mention it only because it ended up being my favorite book last year! But no pressure Lloyd :)).

first bookI read the first few chapters last night and have a very good feeling about The Language of Flowers.  Have you read it?  What will be your first book of 2016?

January 1, 2016 - Posted by | Bookish Stuff

1. Reading Goodnight June…. I ordered it the same night that I read your review and I already love it!

Comment by metaljunkee | January 1, 2016 | Reply

• Good call metaljunkee. I gave GJ a 4+ out of 4. Yep. And I had a friend email me last night to say that it’s one of the best books he’s ever read. Pretty cool, yes?

Comment by Lloyd Russell | January 1, 2016 | Reply

• That’s great, Carol! I hope you like it 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 1, 2016 | Reply

2. Stacy, I have NO FEAR that you will love TLoF. NONE. As for my 1st book (I’ve already sent the picture to Sheila – cool idea), I’m reading Last Bus of Wisdom by Ivan Doig. I’m on page 118 of 450. I like it so far. but it’s no TLoF!

Comment by Lloyd Russell | January 1, 2016 | Reply

3. I’m also participating (this is my first time!). I just finished my post. I’m trying to think if I have The Language of Flowers (I think I do). I’ll look forward to your thoughts. Happy New Year!

Comment by truebookaddict | January 1, 2016 | Reply

4. I’ve heard so many good things about this book – hope you love it!

Comment by Mary | January 1, 2016 | Reply

5. I’ve heard good things about your first book as well. And such a pretty picture of you and the book! Happy New Year, Stacy!

Comment by Kay | January 1, 2016 | Reply

6. Cute photo!!

ENJOY your book. I read it and enjoyed it!!

Happy New Year – Happy Reading in 2016!!

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My First Book Of The Year

Comment by Silver's Reviews | January 1, 2016 | Reply

7. Happy New Year, Stacy! That book has been on my wish list for ages. Hope you love it 🙂

Comment by lakesidemusing | January 1, 2016 | Reply

8. This is such a good book – our book club enjoyed the flowers and their meanings.

Comment by Sheila (Book Journey) | January 1, 2016 | Reply

9. Oh, I loved The Language of Flowers….it was one of my favorites in the year I read it. Enjoy! Here is my FIRST BOOK OF 2016 POST

Comment by laurelrainsnow | January 1, 2016 | Reply

10. What a great choice Stacy! I loved this book and I am sure you will too. Happy New Year.
    My First Book

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | January 1, 2016 | Reply

11. This book has been on my TBR for far too long but I haven’t actually gotten to it. I need to dig it up and read it very soon. Hope you love it!

Comment by Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library | January 1, 2016 | Reply

12. Happy New Year! Your first book has such a great cover. I love it.

Comment by Bev Hankins | January 1, 2016 | Reply

13. Sounds like a great choice — I hope you love it! Happy New Year!

Comment by Diana Leigh | January 1, 2016 | Reply

14. Great choice – I loved that book! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Comment by BermudaOnion | January 1, 2016 | Reply

15. I’ve never seen this book before, but from the way it sounds in all the comments I need to think about reading it. My TBR list just keeps growing today…Happy Reading 2016 Year.

Comment by gigiannacarol | January 1, 2016 | Reply

16. Oh, I heard this is a good one from my mum who read it some time ago. Hau’oli Makahiki Hou.

Comment by Stefanie | January 1, 2016 | Reply

17. I love the idea of giving away one’s favorite book of the year so that a new person can read it on the first day of the next year.

Comment by readerbuzz | January 1, 2016 | Reply

18. Happy New Year Stacy. I loved your 1st book of the New Year – cute pic too.

Comment by Diane | January 1, 2016 | Reply

19. I loved this book. So did my book club members. I like your photo. It is similar to mine. Your blog is already looking different. I have a new blog design and hope to keep it awhile as I change mine too often. Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | January 1, 2016 | Reply

20. The Language of Flowers sounds like a good book. I haven’t read it yet though, but it’s on my ever growing reading wishlist.

Happy New Year to you!!

Comment by Lisa @ Captivated Reader | January 1, 2016 | Reply

21. This is a new to me book, but it’s always interesting reading the favourite books of some of your favourite bloggers.

Wishing you a happy new year filled with wonderful books!

Comment by Jade @ Reading With Jade | January 1, 2016 | Reply

22. Great choice – I loved that book! Happy New Year!

Comment by Rachel | January 1, 2016 | Reply

23. I’ve heard great things about that book! Enjoy it and happy new year

Comment by Gayle | January 2, 2016 | Reply

24. This was a great book and made my favorites list in 2011. I’m sure you will enjoy it.

Comment by Leslie | January 2, 2016 | Reply

25. I haven’t read this book but I’ve wanted to. The title is so compelling. I think I have a NetGalley copy. Hope you love it!

Comment by Laura @Library of Clean Reads | January 2, 2016 | Reply

26. I’ve heard such wonderful things about this book! I hope you enjoy it, Stacy!

Comment by Literary Feline | January 3, 2016 | Reply