Bring in the clowns and Thrill Week II

I’ve struggled to get into a reading groove this year.  Gage is way more active and my time is spent keeping him busy, finding things and places to go to keep him busy, and spending some time with Jason.  But, Jill had a series of clown posts that I read altogether (because I am currently about 2 1/2 weeks behind on my blog hopping) and I thought in a moment of insanity that, yes, yes I could read the 1000+ pages Stephen King novel IT by mid October.  So, it looks like I will be falling even further behind in my blog reading (although maybe that will prevent me from signing up for more things I don’t have time for).  Sorry, blame Jill.

If you are interesting in joining other crazy, clown loving folk visit Jill and Christina and sign up for the IT-along.  There may even be a clown nose in it for you.

Another fun September event that ties in nicely with the IT read along is Thrill Week over at Tea Time with Marce.  Marce did a fantastic job last year and I’m looking forward to seeing what she’s got up her sleeve this year.  If you like mysteries, thrillers, or horror I encourage you to go check it out.

So that’s what I’ve got planned in September.  Anyone know of a good babysitter so I have time to read and blog?

August 18, 2012 - Posted by | challenges

1. I’ve read 550 of 850 pages in the King book, 11/22/63. It’s outstanding. Go for it.

Comment by Book Sage | August 18, 2012 | Reply

2. If I lived near you, I’d take sweet little Gage for a few hours each week. Don’t stress over reading and blogging – you’re doing the right thing spending your time with your family.

Comment by BermudaOnion | August 18, 2012 | Reply

• Maybe someday I’ll just drive by and drop him off for a week while Jason and I explore South Carolina!

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 26, 2012 | Reply

3. I wish I could read Stephen King. He is such a good writer, but I get easily spooked and his novels terrify me.
    Have fun with the challenge.

Comment by harvee | August 18, 2012 | Reply

• So far no spook, but I’ll keep you posted.

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 26, 2012 | Reply

4. Hooray!! I’m glad we were able to suck you into the madness!

Comment by softdrink | August 18, 2012 | Reply

5. I tried a IT read along but couldn’t keep up either. Thanks for posting about Thrill Week. Don’t forget to link up.

Comment by Tea Time with Marce | August 18, 2012 | Reply

6. I read this one a long time ago!!! Have fun and don’t put too much pressure on yourself! 😀

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | August 19, 2012 | Reply

• I don’t get anything done if I don’t pressure myself 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 26, 2012 | Reply

7. Yea!n So glad you are joining the insanity of crazy clowns 🙂 don’t sweat not coming by my place. No worries.
    Better to spend your time with Gage!

Comment by jennygirl | August 19, 2012 | Reply

• I’ll still be stopping by, just not in a timely fashion.

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 26, 2012 | Reply

8. Spend the time with the boy child and you’ll find the balance with the blog again when the time is right. And aren’t you brave reading It? ‘d be so terrified that I’d never get sleep and a sleep deprived mom of a small one is never a good plan (at least it never was for me).

Comment by Kristen | August 20, 2012 | Reply

9. I’m attempting the It-along with a strong emphasis on “attempting.” I couldn’t resist signing up, but I may have made a mistake. Oh well…sometimes you have to take the plunge, however crazy it is. See you around the It-along, hopefully. 😉

Comment by thetruebookaddict | August 21, 2012 | Reply

• I need to try to connect with everyone now that I’ve started.

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 26, 2012 | Reply

10. IT is so good. I can’t wait to hear what you think about it. I’m amazed you have time to read at all with a little one at home.

Comment by boardinginmyforties | September 17, 2012 | Reply