Sundays with Gage – A day at the zoo? yawn

This photo sums up Gage’s first trip to the zoo.  Ehh.  The Cleveland Zoo is free on Mondays so we thought it was a good day to try it.  We had NO IDEA how many families take advantage of this free fun.  It was raining strollers in there.  Gage was fine as long as he was running wild and free, but once we put him in his stroller (for everyone’s safety-the boy is fast) he was not happy.

He did get to visit the petting zoo, but again running wild and free straight for a donkey got him snatched up by mom pretty quick.

So, it may be next year before we try the zoo again.  But, hey, at least it didn’t cost anything 🙂

This zoo had a lot of pink flamingos and they looked like cotton candy on a stick.  I usually like the penguins or bears best, both of which we missed out on this time.

Do you have a favorite animal at the zoo?

18 thoughts on “Sundays with Gage – A day at the zoo? yawn

1. Kay says:

How cute he is!! I’m trying to think back to when we took our girl to the zoo for the first time. I think it was when she was about Gage’s age or maybe just past 2. There was a kind of bridge thing over the giraffe enclosure that you could walk across. It put you right about the level of their heads, so you could see their tongues and mouths really well. Our Sam took one look at the black tongue (their tongues are black) coming out of the giraffe’s mouth and screamed bloody murder, “Snake! Snake! Snake!”. She was probably 12 or 13 before she would agree to look at a giraffe again! LOL

I like the penguins. Their exhibit is always cool. 🙂

2. redladysreadingroom says:

I love the Elephants and Giraffes! We haven’t been to the zoo in years. I bet Gage will like the zoo in a few years:)

3. Staci@LifeintheThumb says:

I love the giraffes!! too bad it was over-crowded!!! He will probably be crazy about the animals next year!!

4. Mary says:

We used to go on the free days and eventually had a family membership. I haven’t been to our zoo in years but I loved looking at the giraffes.

5. Carol says:

Hopefully it will be more fun next year. I personally love the zoo in late October, it’s less crowded and cooler. I don’t know what my favorite animals are, usually the big cats.

6. Literary Feline says:

Hubby and I were talking the other day about taking Maggie to the zoo but decided against it. We think she’s still too young to have any real fun. For now, we’ll stick to the park with the ducks. 🙂