Feature Presentation…MONDAY MOVIE MEME
Flight is something humans have been fascinated with for a long time. The movies are filled with flying dreams and realities. Here are a few examples we came up with. Share on your blog films focused on flight, things that fly or become airborne, linking back here so that others can find you. Visit the Bumbles for other participants.
Well, there are so many movies so I thought I’d go exclusively with planes.
1. The first one that comes to mind is, of course, Airplane (1980). It’s been too long since I saw this comedy in the air and I should remedy that.
2. As unromantic as I find Adam Sandler, I fall for him every time I see this scene from The Wedding Singer (1998).
3. Harry and Sally meet on a plane years after losing touch in When Harry Met Sally (1989), but this is a quote that stuck with me.
Harry Burns: You take someone to the airport, it’s clearly the beginning of the relationship. That’s why I have never taken anyone to the airport at the beginning of a relationship.
Sally Albright: Why?
Harry Burns: Because eventually things move on and you don’t take someone to the airport and I never wanted anyone to say to me, How come you never take me to the airport anymore?
Sally Albright: Its amazing. You look like a normal person but actually you are the angel of death.
4. What happens after the flight ceases to fly? Well , you may end up eating things you would never have considered before. Alive (1993) is all the more scary since it is based on the true story of a 1972 crash.
5. And for my last airplane movie I’m going with a Tom Cruise movie all about flying, Top Gun (1986).
For all of you movie lovers I hope you’ll check out this post about writing a 5 word movie review for charity. So far I’m up to $38.