Sundays with Gage – Hands on Museums

It’s hard to find museums that are hands on enough to keep Gage occupied.  I’m always on the lookout so if you know of one let me know!  After Christma we went to Michigan to see Jason’s family we visited the city where Jason was born which just happens to be home to the Henry Ford Museum, the perfect place for little boys.  Not only are there cars and planes and trains in all of their massive glory but there was also an area where kids could make their own vehicles and race them against each other.  The highlight of the museum and where Gage spent the most time was the model train area.  He was in heaven.  They have a village outside and maybe we’ll try that on our next warm weather trip.

This museum gets an A+ from us because it kept Gage entertained for hours.  Has anyone else been there?

IMG_1740[1]IMG_1743[1]IMG_1747[1]IMG_1758[1]

One with his grandpa and the model trains…

IMG_1765[1]and my favorite with Gage and his dad and grandpaIMG_1752[1]

January 18, 2015 - Posted by | Gage

1. My sister’s been there! There’s a Children’s Museum here but I’ve never been there so I have no idea what it’s like.

Comment by BermudaOnion | January 18, 2015 | Reply

• We have a children’s museum here too but it’s always a madhouse and not very convenient.

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 18, 2015 | Reply

2. Yes, it is such a great place! Glad Gage enjoyed the visit.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | January 18, 2015 | Reply

3. Nice!

Comment by pinkim95 | January 18, 2015 | Reply

4. What fun! Mouse would love it there. She really needs an interactive museum too least she gets bored easily. I wish you lived closer, Stacy. Gage would love our Discovery Museum. It’s about an hour drive away, but it’s worth the drive given how much there is to do. If you go early enough in the day, it’s not at all busy.

Comment by Literary Feline | January 19, 2015 | Reply

5. If you ever make it down to Dayton, there’s a nice little museum there that would be perfect for Gage. It’s Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, and they have a great planetarium.

Comment by susieq512 | January 19, 2015 | Reply

6. Looks like a wonderful museum, Stacy. I love the pic of the three generations – frame-worthy!

Comment by Mary | January 19, 2015 | Reply

7. Love the pics! What a great place, especially for little train lovers like Gage 🙂

Comment by Gage's grandma | January 19, 2015 | Reply

8. How fun! I love those kinds of museums. I’m glad Gage was so entertained!

Comment by Heather | January 19, 2015 | Reply

9. When my kids were little, we always sought out the museums wherever we traveled, but we haven’t been to this one. Orlando had a wonderful little science museum that we actually had passes to, and the kids just went nuts over.

Comment by sandynawrot | January 20, 2015 | Reply

10. looks like a fun day with Gage.

Comment by kelley jensen | January 21, 2015 | Reply

11. Been there a million times since I was a child, and every time is a pleasure. The Village is amazing!

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | February 1, 2015 | Reply

12. Have you been to either the Children’s Museum or the Carnegie Science Center here in Pittsburgh? I’m betting Gage will love both of them.

Comment by Melissa F. (@thefirmangroup) | May 17, 2015 | Reply

13. […] last Christmas in Michigan […]

Pingback by 2015, A Year of Sundays with Gage | Stacy's Books | December 27, 2015 | Reply