Saturday Snapshot- Postcrossing

IMG_5090I’ve done a couple of posts on Postcrossing and my love of sending and receiving postcards from around the world.  I’ve received 133 cards from around the world in the 14 months since I started and I decided that I needed a place to keep them all organized by a few different categories so I started another blog Postcarder.  At this point I’m just showing the front, the stamp, and listing whether they told me their favorite book or movie.  It’s bare bones, but I wanted something basic before I received too many cards to deal with.  You can look by country or a few of the categories that I’ve found with the cards.  Maybe I’ll occasionally do a favorites or stats post over there, but I’m not taking the time now.

I would love to receive a postcard from you with a favorite book or movie that I can add to my collection.  You’ll show up on my other blog 🙂  If you need my address just leave a comment and I’ll send it to you and I’ll return the favor 🙂

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.

January 11, 2014 - Posted by | Postcrossing |

1. What a cool idea. The idea, though, of participating in one more new venture makes me dizzy. How do you do it?

Comment by Lloyd Russell | January 11, 2014 | Reply

2. I’ve seen stuff about postcrossing and thought how lovely it is, but I don’t know if I’m organised enough to do it! You’ve got a nice collection of postcards there. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/usn8yL

Comment by Christine Harding | January 11, 2014 | Reply

3. I love it when you share your postcrossing photos!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | January 11, 2014 | Reply

4. I love collections of postcards…I tend to gather them together in one or two places and hang them like pictures in some kind of container. Thanks for sharing…and enjoy. Here’s MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Comment by laurelrainsnow | January 11, 2014 | Reply

5. Postcrossing sounds like a lot of fun! I should check into it!

Comment by Melinda Ott | January 11, 2014 | Reply

6. It looks like you’ve gotten some beautiful postcards!

Comment by BermudaOnion | January 11, 2014 | Reply

7. I like the sound of Postcrossing, I will have to read the web page.

Comment by booketta | January 11, 2014 | Reply

8. What a fun hobby. I looked at some of your postcards on postcarder- I love that chocolate and spice one from Russia.

Comment by Louise | January 11, 2014 | Reply

9. Love this concept! I will send you a postcard…!!

Thanks for sharing!

Here is my snapshot post.

Comment by Gautami Tripathy | January 11, 2014 | Reply

10. How awesome. Some look like note cards? Are they all postcards? (Maybe it’s just a while since I’ve purchased one)

Stacy do you recall if I sent you one over the last 5+ years?? I’d be happy to.

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | January 12, 2014 | Reply

11. i used to do that too but fell out of it. I still have my postcards though and love all of them!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | January 12, 2014 | Reply

12. What a great idea! I love postcards, even though I’m not very good at sending them.

Comment by Carol | January 13, 2014 | Reply

13. that’s such a cool idea! I remember when my daughter was in Kindergarten the teacher asked for postcards from around the world. . .that was over 10 years ago. . .I can only imagine how many her K class would have gotten if I’d had my blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc. etc. back then! I imagine you’ll be getting quite a few 🙂 What a lovely idea!

Comment by thenovellife1 | January 13, 2014 | Reply

14. I really wanna sign up for this! So fun 🙂

Comment by Heather | January 14, 2014 | Reply

15. Look at all those postcards! That is so awesome. I joined PostCrossing a few years ago, but it didn’t last long.

Comment by Literary Feline | January 14, 2014 | Reply

16. Your postcard images are amazing, especially grouped together on your new blog!

Comment by postingfornow | January 14, 2014 | Reply