Winner and a 2014 reading plan

I am late getting a winner posted for the $25 Barnes & Noble gift card.  Gage stayed home from school today since he’s a little sick and he helped me draw a name from his fireman’s hat.

winnerwinner2winner3 In case you can’t read the name in the second picture, it’s

Hannah!

Thank you all for taking the time to visit my old posts.  I wonder if the top posts will change in the next year?

Last year I tried to read from a stack of books I already had on my shelves that were favorites of other bloggers.  This year I decided that I don’t need to discover any new fiction authors (outside of my one book from She Reads a month).  I want to rediscover the authors I already love and take the time to read their backlist or newest hardcover.  Every year I fall in love with a handful of authors and before I can read more from them I’m moving on to the next thing.

A few authors I’ve only read one book from but want more!  Jennifer Donnelly, Tana French, Sarah Jio, Kristin Hannah, Susanna Kearsley, Leah Stewart, JojoMoyes…

A few authors I have read all their books and always look forward to the latest.  Harlan Coben, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Sarah Addison Allen, Jeffery Deaver’s Lincoln Rhyme series…

A few favorite authors I usually love and want to read everything they’ve written.  Anne Tyler, Anita Shreve, Greg Iles, Kate White, Deborah Smith, Elizabeth Berg, Alice Hoffman, Dean Koontz, Stephen King…

This is not an exhaustive list but a good starting point.  I have a year of great reading ahead of me!

January 15, 2014 - Posted by | lists

1. Congratulations, Hannah!
    Stacy, I really want to read more of Jojo Moyes’ books. Loved Me Before You.
    Here’s to a wonderful year of reading!

Comment by Mary | January 15, 2014 | Reply

2. I have a few authors that I’ve been meaning to get to their other books but never have. Sarah Addison Allen is one of those. I have two more of her books sitting on my shelves and have yet to get to them. I should do that this year! You’ve inspired me 🙂 Looking forward to your reviews.

Hope Gage is feeling OK and that he gets better soon! He’s so excited to help pick names. Love it!

Comment by Heather | January 15, 2014 | Reply

• Gage, at 3, has caught on that if he tells me he’s sick that he can stay home and goof off all day. The dr. yesterday told me he could go to class 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | January 15, 2014 | Reply

3. I love the photos of Gage picking a winner! Congratulations to Hannah! I hope you have a fabulous year in books.

Comment by BermudaOnion | January 15, 2014 | Reply

4. This is my year of re-discovery too, although I’m finding it’s also the year I want to try authors I’ve been meaning to try but haven’t yet. LOL I do want to read more of my older books, regardless–so I guess it’s a win win either way. Good luck to you and congratulations to Hannah!

Comment by Literary Feline | January 15, 2014 | Reply

5. Sounds like a great reading plan. Congrats to Hannah!

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | January 15, 2014 | Reply

6. I need to try Jo Jo Moyes —-and congrats go to Hannah.

Thanks Gage for helping out. Feel better soon

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | January 15, 2014 | Reply

7. Yay, hooray!

I want to try Jojo Moyes (as others have also said), and I’m with you on wanting more Tana French this year!

Which Anne Tyler books have you read? I’ve read a handful, loved some more than others.

Comment by Word Lily | January 15, 2014 | Reply

8. Awww… I LOVE those pics of Gage, he is the cutest 🙂 I am not sure if I will get any reading done this year as well 🙂

Comment by Veens | January 16, 2014 | Reply

9. OK so here is my two cents worth…Tana French. Read them all. If you can, listen to the audios, but above all, read them. They are AMAZING, every last one of them.

Comment by sandynawrot | January 16, 2014 | Reply

10. Seriously, is ANY kid cuter than Gage?!!! He should totally be in advertising, making you money to buy more books! :–)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | January 16, 2014 | Reply

11. It sounds like a wonderful plan to read the authors you know you love. I hope it is an excellent year.

Comment by Jennifer | Book Den | January 16, 2014 | Reply

12. Great job Gage! Congrats to Hannah. We share many of the same go to authors.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | January 16, 2014 | Reply

13. I read my first Tana French and Jojo Moyes books last year and loved them both. Definitely going to try to get some more in if I can this year.

Comment by Louise | January 16, 2014 | Reply

14. I’ve now read two books by Sarah Jio The Violets of March and The Last Camellia. Definitely loved Violets more but both are great. I have more on my shelf I’m hoping to read this year. Also, I usually love all of Kristin Hannah’s stuff but Home Front was a so-so one for me.

Comment by The Many Thoughts of a Reader | January 16, 2014 | Reply

15. This does sound like a good plan. I love the January fresh-start looking at books and getting excited for what I hope to read. May not happen, but the joy of January is real.

Comment by Care | January 22, 2014 | Reply