It’s a Baseball Quiz – guessing closed

I am not a baseball fan. I don’t mind attending the occasional game, but forget about me watching it on tv or caring enough to learn the names of the local team, the Cleveland Indians. Nevertheless, when Jason made me start watching a baseball movie, I realized that I’d actually seen and liked quite a few baseball movies over the years. Let’s see if you can guess my top 10…

I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round. For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else 🙂 You have til Sunday to guess.

No need to know all the answers, one guess and you’ll be eligible for a prize. No Googling 🙂

1. This Cleveland Indians comedy starring Charlie Sheen as Wild Thing. (1989)  Major League

2. Girl Power!  Geena Davis, Madonna, and Rosie O’Donnell had to take orders from the tobacco-spittle-producing Tom Hanks.(1992)  A League of Their Own

3. Loved this year’s story of Jackie Robinson. (2013)   42

4. Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, and Kevin Costner steamed up the screen in this minor league tale. (1988)  Bull Durham

5. “If you build it, he will come.” (1989)  Field of Dreams

6. (2002)  The Rookie

7. Two of my favorites, Keanu Reeves (don’t ask me why, I can’t explain it) and Diane Lane star in this one about an inner city little league.  Hardball

8. (1984)  The Natural

9. Bernie Mac goes back to the bigs at 47.  Mr. 3000

10. I have a feeling the one I’m currently watching will be moving up this list when I’m done.  It’s Clint Eastwood playing old and cranky like nobody’s business (yes, this applies to more than one of his movies.  Pick the one where he is a baseball scout). (2012)  Trouble with the Curve

Answers to last week’s George quiz here.

August 13, 2013 - Posted by | Quizzes | ,

1. 1. Major League
    2. A League of their Own
    3. 42
    4. Bull Durham
    5. Field of Dreams
    6. ???
    7. Hard Ball
    8. The Natural (my favorite)
    9. Mr. Baseball (???)
    10. Trouble with the Curve

Keanu is a favorite of mine too. And I also love Diane Lane. I saw Man of Steel over the weekend and I really liked her in it.

Comment by thetruebookaddict | August 14, 2013 | Reply

• I was happy to see Diane in Man of Steel too. She seems so much like everywoman to me 🙂 85 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 19, 2013 | Reply

2. This one will be tough for me!
    1 –

7. Hard Ball
    8. The Natural
    9. Mr. 3000
    10. Trouble with the Curve

Comment by Word Lily | August 14, 2013 | Reply

4. !. Major League
    2. A League of Their Own (my daughter’s favorite)
    3. 42
    4. Bull Durham
    5. A Field of Dreams
    6. The Rookie
    7. Hard Ball
    8. The Natural
    9. Mr. 3000 (did not know he had died)
    10. Trouble WIth The Curve

My baseball loving family came in handy this week!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | August 14, 2013 | Reply

• Yes, Bernie Mac died too young 😦 100 runs!

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 19, 2013 | Reply

5. 5 baseball loving moviegoers have guessed so far!

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 14, 2013 | Reply

6. We are a baseball family! Hubby and all three sons played from Little League through high school and two played in college. We live 3 hours from Williamsport, Pa where they have the Little league World Series every summer. We went to it a few times and took the boys’ friends. It was always a fun day and it’s free to get in. Hubby and my youngest even made it on TV once! He watches pro games but I would rather read, although he won tickets to watch the Yankees last year and that was a lot of fun. 🙂

I know every single movie here but I don’t remember all the titles – again. (Especially the newer ones) Thanks for another fun quiz!
    1. Major League
    2. A League of Their Own (love this!)
    3. 24
    4. Bull Durham
    5. Filed of Dreams
    8. The Natural
    10.

Comment by Wrighty | August 16, 2013 | Reply

• My cousin’s family are big baseball players/ fans too. I know her son would love to play professionally someday.
      60 points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 19, 2013 | Reply

7. I’m with you … NOT a baseball fan. BORING! (sorry to all your baseball fan readers)

Comment by Thoughts of Joy | August 16, 2013 | Reply

8. And 70 points for Lloyd!

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 19, 2013 | Reply