I am not a baseball fan. I don’t mind attending the occasional game, but forget about me watching it on tv or caring enough to learn the names of the local team, the Cleveland Indians. Nevertheless, when Jason made me start watching a baseball movie, I realized that I’d actually seen and liked quite a few baseball movies over the years. Let’s see if you can guess my top 10…
I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round. For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else 🙂 You have til Sunday to guess.
No need to know all the answers, one guess and you’ll be eligible for a prize. No Googling 🙂
1. This Cleveland Indians comedy starring Charlie Sheen as Wild Thing. (1989) Major League
2. Girl Power! Geena Davis, Madonna, and Rosie O’Donnell had to take orders from the tobacco-spittle-producing Tom Hanks.(1992) A League of Their Own
3. Loved this year’s story of Jackie Robinson. (2013) 42
4. Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, and Kevin Costner steamed up the screen in this minor league tale. (1988) Bull Durham
5. “If you build it, he will come.” (1989) Field of Dreams
6. (2002) The Rookie
7. Two of my favorites, Keanu Reeves (don’t ask me why, I can’t explain it) and Diane Lane star in this one about an inner city little league. Hardball
8. (1984) The Natural
9. Bernie Mac goes back to the bigs at 47. Mr. 3000
10. I have a feeling the one I’m currently watching will be moving up this list when I’m done. It’s Clint Eastwood playing old and cranky like nobody’s business (yes, this applies to more than one of his movies. Pick the one where he is a baseball scout). (2012) Trouble with the Curve
Answers to last week’s George quiz here.