So, how many unread books do I have?

I let you guys see my unread book wall and asked you to guess how many books you thought were in the stacks (here). Answers ranged from 350 to 1000!  As I cleaned everything up I realized that 3 books were missing from the stacks, but I can’t count them since they’re not in the picture.  Here’s the picture again…

You are looking at 769 books!  Many of you came close, but the one who was closest was Jen (Wander One Day) with her guess of 775.  She was only 6 off!  That is impressive.  Also impressive was the runner-up who was only 8 off and that was Kay (formerly of Purple Sage and Scorpions) with her guess of 761.  Jen will get to choose a book for herself from my stacks 🙂

Thank you all for humoring my yearly obsession.  One day I’ll get all of these read and they’ll move into my permanent library. Or if  I hate them I may offer them to you!

Oh, and since I took this shot a few weeks ago 4 new books have found their way into my house 🙂

April 14, 2013 - Posted by | Bookish Stuff |

1. Congratulations Jen! =)
    Thats alot of books!! Do you keep them together like that all the time? – or just for the photo? =)

Comment by Melissa | April 14, 2013 | Reply

2. Wow, that is a lot of reading you have to look forward to!

Comment by boardinginmyforties | April 14, 2013 | Reply

3. Wow, Stacy. You have a lot of reading to do! I wonder what your finished reading library looks like?

Comment by harvee | April 14, 2013 | Reply

4. Wow, they were amazingly close! Congratulations Jen!

Comment by BermudaOnion | April 14, 2013 | Reply

5. Maybe the next contest should be the date when they are all read! 😉

Comment by lakesidemusing | April 14, 2013 | Reply

6. That is just crazy. But I bet you aren’t all that off from the rest of us. I refuse to count.

Comment by Sandy | April 14, 2013 | Reply

7. Wow … that’s a lot of books!!!!!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | April 14, 2013 | Reply

8. I still can’t get over how many books you have, LOL. Congrats to the winner 🙂
    I don’t have the nerve to count my unread books. I think I’m afraid I won’t live long enough to read them all, haha.

Comment by Mary | April 14, 2013 | Reply

9. My guess was a good bit over, but you still have a lot. Maybe someday I’ll count mine. Or better yet maybe I’ll read them.

Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

Comment by Arlee Bird | April 14, 2013 | Reply

10. You have me beat in the number of physical books!!! What a fun contest!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | April 14, 2013 | Reply

11. That’s a crazy amount of unread books!

Comment by Ali (Worducopia) | April 15, 2013 | Reply

12. Wow … that is a LOT of books!

Comment by Jenners | April 15, 2013 | Reply

13. Stacy….do you have a little book obsession? LOL Well, honestly, I think I have a similar number of unread books — some are ebooks though.

See you’ll have plenty to read in the retirement home in another 40++ years:)

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | April 15, 2013 | Reply

14. That’s pretty impressive! LOL

Comment by shelleyrae @ Book'd Out | April 16, 2013 | Reply

15. […] to last week’s H Quiz here and to my Book Problem Quiz here.  Leaderboard […]

Pingback by N is for the Name Game Quiz « Stacy's Books | April 16, 2013 | Reply

16. I have you beat, but I won’t tell you how many unread books I have. LOL It’s embarrassing.

Comment by Literary Feline | April 16, 2013 | Reply

17. LOL hilarious. One day I’ll gather my courage and count mine. Congrats to Jen!

Comment by Teddyree | April 16, 2013 | Reply

18. I don’t think I want to know how many I have in my tbr pile! I’m a little jealous that you have a room to do this in 😉 but I’m working on one of the bedrooms and hope to have two walls of bookshelves.

Comment by abookdragon | April 17, 2013 | Reply

19. Ha, that’s so awesome. I have almost as many unread books too! Although I’m going to try to purge some soon, cause we’re moving to a smaller apartment in September and I won’t have room for 4 bookcases :-/

Comment by Sarah Says Read | April 17, 2013 | Reply