H is for the H Quiz – guessing closed

Blogging from A-Z

It’s a cover quiz 🙂  Just tell me the title (8 points) and author (2 points) of these books that all start with the letter H (the title).

I love when new people play.  It makes you eligible for a special prize and it gives more $ to the winner (details here).  Submit your answers in the comment section by noon Sunday.  I come by and hide answers occasionally so don’t be worried if your guesses disappear 🙂

012

1. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett

3. The House of Velvet & Glass by Katherine Howe

4. Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls

5. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield

6. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genuis by Dave Eggers

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by JK Rowling

8. Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman

9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart

10. House and Home by Kathleen McCleary

I’m giving you all til Sunday to guess on last week’s quiz for a chance to win a book from my stacks and bragging rights 🙂

35 thoughts on “H is for the H Quiz – guessing closed

1. BermudaOnion says:

Another fun quiz!

2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3. The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    4. Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
    8. Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman
    9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
    10.

2. Kay says:

These are always fun, Stacy! Here’s what I can figure out (no promises as to accuracy!):

1. The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien
    2. The Help – Kathryn Stockett
    3. Author is Kathryn Howe? No idea of the title.
    4. Half Broken Horses (something like that) – Walls – can’t think of the first name
    5. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake – no author comes to mind
    6. I’ve seen that cover before….???? Got nothing.
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling
    8. Heaven and Earth ? – author is Alice Hoffman
    9. Husband and Wife – Leah Stewart
    10. Not a clue at all.

3. rhapsodyinbooks says:

2. The Help by what’s-her-name (ha ha, it will come to me in a minute….) Even though I want to say Emma Stone (ha ha), I think I’ll go with Kathryn Stockett
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

And yes, pathetically enough, I think two is it for me! :–)

4. Julie says:

1) The Hobbit by JR Tolkien
    2) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3) The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    5) The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield (I LOVED this book)
    7) Harry Potter and the Dealthly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
    8) Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman
    9) Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart

5. Word Lily says:

1. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
    2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3. The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    4. Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
    5. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
    9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
    10. House and Home by Kathleen McCleary

Maybe the others will come to me before the week’s out.

6. hmsgofita says:

6. ?

7. Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

8. Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman

9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart

10. House and Home by Kathleen McCleary

8. Teddyree says:

Ooh I love these ones, especially when I’ve read or have the books lol

1. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
    2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3. The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    4. Half Broke Horses … argh she wrote The Glass Castle and her name is on the tip of my tongue but …
    5. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield
    6. A heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
    8. Here On Earth by Alice Hoffman
    9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
    10. House and Home by Kathleen McCleary

9. thetruebookaddict says:

Love these!

1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
    2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    6. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (author ???)
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
    8. Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman
    10.

Boy, at first I thought I was going to do quite awesome, but…no… 😉

10. Wrighty says:

I know several of these and have read some of them but the I only remember two!! Wow, the memory really is going down hill! Thanks for another great quiz!
    2. The Help by K Stockett