H is for the H Quiz – guessing closed

Blogging from A-Z

It’s a cover quiz ๐Ÿ™‚ย  Just tell me the title (8 points) and author (2 points) of these books that all start with the letter H (the title).

I love when new people play.ย  It makes you eligible for a special prize and it gives more $ to the winner (details here).ย  Submit your answers in the comment section by noon Sunday.ย  I come by and hide answers occasionally so don’t be worried if your guesses disappear ๐Ÿ™‚

012

1. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett

3. The House of Velvet & Glass by Katherine Howe

4. Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls

5. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield

6. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genuis by Dave Eggers

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by JK Rowling

8. Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman

9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart

10. House and Home by Kathleen McCleary

I’m giving you all til Sunday to guess on last week’s quiz for a chance to win a book from my stacks and bragging rights ๐Ÿ™‚

April 9, 2013 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. Another fun quiz!

2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3. The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    4. Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
    8. Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman
    9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
    10.

Comment by BermudaOnion | April 9, 2013 | Reply

2. These are always fun, Stacy! Here’s what I can figure out (no promises as to accuracy!):

1. The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien
    2. The Help – Kathryn Stockett
    3. Author is Kathryn Howe? No idea of the title.
    4. Half Broken Horses (something like that) – Walls – can’t think of the first name
    5. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake – no author comes to mind
    6. I’ve seen that cover before….???? Got nothing.
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling
    8. Heaven and Earth ? – author is Alice Hoffman
    9. Husband and Wife – Leah Stewart
    10. Not a clue at all.

Comment by Kay | April 9, 2013 | Reply

3. Great idea.
    I’ll see if I can get aroudn to figure these out.

Comment by Man of la Book | April 9, 2013 | Reply

4. Clever!

Comment by abookdragon | April 9, 2013 | Reply

5. These are some great reads! I have to work today :(, so I will be back to guess.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | April 9, 2013 | Reply

6. Book #2 – The Help.
    Book #7, one of the Harry Potter books by Rowling.

Comment by Book Dilettante | April 9, 2013 | Reply

• 16 points! I’m so glad that you joined us this week ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 15, 2013 | Reply

7. 2. The Help by what’s-her-name (ha ha, it will come to me in a minute….) Even though I want to say Emma Stone (ha ha), I think I’ll go with Kathryn Stockett
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

And yes, pathetically enough, I think two is it for me! :–)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | April 9, 2013 | Reply

• 20 points! Just watched The Help tonight with Jason and it took me most of the movie to come up with Emma Stone’s name ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 15, 2013 | Reply

8. Ha-ha. I have read a few of those. Clever post.
    Stopping by from the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge FB page.

Comment by Linda Ann - Nickers and Ink | April 9, 2013 | Reply

9. 1) The Hobbit by JR Tolkien
    2) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3) The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    5) The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield (I LOVED this book)
    7) Harry Potter and the Dealthly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
    8) Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman
    9) Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart

Comment by Julie | April 9, 2013 | Reply

• 70 points! I’m hoping to get to Samuel Lake next month ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 15, 2013 | Reply

10. 1. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
    2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3. The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    4. Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
    5. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
    9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
    10. House and Home by Kathleen McCleary

Maybe the others will come to me before the week’s out.

Comment by Word Lily | April 9, 2013 | Reply

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | April 9, 2013 | Reply

• So close to perfect. 90 points ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 15, 2013 | Reply

13. 1. the Hobbit
    2. The Help
    4. Half something horses
    5.Homecoming of Samuel Lake (LOVED this book!)
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | April 10, 2013 | Reply

14. Ooh I love these ones, especially when I’ve read or have the books lol

1. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
    2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3. The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    4. Half Broke Horses … argh she wrote The Glass Castle and her name is on the tip of my tongue but …
    5. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield
    6. A heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
    8. Here On Earth by Alice Hoffman
    9. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
    10. House and Home by Kathleen McCleary

Comment by Teddyree | April 10, 2013 | Reply

• An almost perfect 99 points! You got 1 for Glass Castle author ๐Ÿ™‚ High score this week.

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 15, 2013 | Reply

15. I know a few of these!
    2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    3. The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
    7. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Comment by Leslie | April 11, 2013 | Reply

16. This is such a fun idea! Love it! Sadly I only know about half of them. Should peek back later so I can find out what the rest of these are. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment by Janeal Falor | April 11, 2013 | Reply

• I wish you had joined in! Next time ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 15, 2013 | Reply

17. Love these!

1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
    2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    6. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (author ???)
    7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
    8. Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman
    10.

Boy, at first I thought I was going to do quite awesome, but…no… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment by thetruebookaddict | April 12, 2013 | Reply

18. 2. The Help – Kathryn Stockett

Comment by The Many Thoughts of a Reader | April 12, 2013 | Reply

• 10 points! I still need to read the book!

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 15, 2013 | Reply

19. I know several of these and have read some of them but the I only remember two!! Wow, the memory really is going down hill! Thanks for another great quiz!
    2. The Help by K Stockett
    7. Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

Comment by Wrighty | April 15, 2013 | Reply

• Your memory and mine! 20 points ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 15, 2013 | Reply

20. […] to last week’s H Quiz here and to my Book Problem Quiz here.ย  Leaderboard […]

Pingback by N is for the Name Game Quiz « Stacy's Books | April 16, 2013 | Reply