Where in the world are you reading? At the library, of course!

Where in the world are you reading?  Link up hereTrish orginally turned me on to this meme.  Love the idea.

I’ve enjoyed these monthly link ups and this month it’s all about libraries!  I did work in a library at the reference desk for a year so I have a soft spot for libraries.  At least it was a soft spot before Gage came along, now it’s a big, sticky, mushy spot.  My county has 28 branches, all share materials so if I find a book online and it’s at another library they will send it over within a few days. So convenient!  And in addition to the usual things I can check out, our county also offers TOYS to check out!  How awesome is that?  When I looked through the binder of what was available I found a training potty!  I’m not sure if that’s something to be shared, LOL.

The absolute best thing about libraries is that they are so kid friendly.  Starting next week our local library is offering 3 different storytimes each week for Gage’s age group.  We live within 10 or 15 minutes of 3 branches and we attend story times at 2 of them and I plan on checking out the third because I’ve been told they provide coffee for the parents 🙂

Our library also has the best kids area. Wanna see his favorite place at the library?

Yesterday when I told him we were going to the library he said “choo-choo”.  There’s some thing about little boys and trains.

There were no storytimes in August so they used the big room to set up a bank exhibit for kids.  There were educational, interactive activities, but lots of them included balls and such so the smaller kids could have fun too.  I think you can see a girl pretending to be a teller.  Cute, right?

Libraries are a lifesaver for mothers looking to entertain their kids.  I usually order what I want online so it’s waiting for me on a shelf up front when Gage is ready to go.  Our library rocks (much like Cleveland)!

Happy reading from my library to yours!

August 29, 2012 - Posted by | Photos |

1. Love the library. Our town (Los Gatos, CA) just built a new library. It’s fantastic. We oftentimes take our grandkids there when we have them overnight. We’ll check out books and movies for them. My wife and daughter just took their 3-year old and 2-month old to the library. They hung out there for quite awhile and got to be there for story time. Good call, Stacy.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | August 30, 2012 | Reply

2. Our county has quite a few branches and I can order materials from any of them too. Our branch is pretty small and I know it has a children’s section, but I’ve never been in it. It’s been a while since I’ve been in the library at all.

Comment by BermudaOnion | August 30, 2012 | Reply

3. How cute! I don’ think our libraries have toys, but I know the one near me caters to kids. The adult section is quite small, but they’ll hold or request any books you like. The library is just awesome! Great idea for moms too.

Comment by jennygirl | August 30, 2012 | Reply

4. So glad your libraries have such great programs. I took my kids to everything ours offered. It was great fun. Wonder if that contributed to their being readers today? Due to budget cuts our libraries share books only (they had to cut the sharing of audios and DVDs). I am not sure how that helps save money when they still share books, how hard is it to add audiobooks? Can you tell I’m still bitter. LOL

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | August 30, 2012 | Reply

5. what a fun library! Our local library is very child friendly too.

Comment by kaye | August 30, 2012 | Reply

6. Aren’t libraries awesome? They have so much to offer and Gage is lucky to have you introduce you to them at such a young age. I’m a life-long fan and visit mine every week. We have a beautiful library and I just posted photos of the exterior last week. Interior shots are coming!

Comment by Wrighty | August 31, 2012 | Reply

7. Your library system sounds fantastic. And checking out toys? GENIUS! (But I’m with you on the training potty … not something I’m sure I’d want to share.)

Comment by Jenners | August 31, 2012 | Reply

8. Ah ha!! Lure those parents in with the free coffee. 😉 If I were at home I’d definitely NEED storytime. I’m kind of spiteful that my library doesn’t have anything on the weekend as we’re always looking for Saturday activities.

Comment by Trish | September 3, 2012 | Reply

9. Your library looks awesome!! I love the kids area. We had a great library in Kendallville, Indiana…the boys loved it and they always had so many activities for them!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | September 3, 2012 | Reply

10. Oh, man, I wanna visit YOUR library. Do you think they’d let me play with the toys?

Comment by softdrink | September 5, 2012 | Reply