Halloween with Gage

I’ve never really gotten into Halloween much.  Except for the candy.  In high school my friends and I dressed up as a 3 Musketeers candy bar one year.  See, candy.  Gage is too young to appreciate the candy so we were going to skip it this year, but as Halloween approached I started feeling like a holiday grinch.

On Thursday night we went down to my parents house for their trick or treating and Superman went to three whole houses before heading back to my parents house to help pass out candy. (It was cold!) He had so much fun watching all of the characters come up and talk to him. They must have had 100 kids come by.  Here he is with his zombie cousin, Lucy.

Yesterday Gage donned his superhero cape once again for My Gym’s Halloween party where he flew around spreading cuteness.

Tomorrow night Superman will trick or treat in our neighborhood before retiring.  Hopefully it will be warm enough for more than three houses and hopefully he’ll get lots of good candy.

21 thoughts on “Halloween with Gage

1. BermudaOnion says:

I think we’re the only ones in our neighborhood with no Halloween spirit. We’ve got plenty of candy for tomorrow – just no decorations. If cute little Gage came to our door, he’d get great candy!

2. Mary says:

Our trick or treating was this afternoon. Went through a big bag of yummy candy bars (the tiny ones). I was surprised because the weather is cool and rainy. The kids are so cute though.

Gage looks adorable!

3. Gage's Grandma says:

Gage is my Super Hero. So very cute! He makes a perfect Superman. We were so happy that you shared Halloween with us.

4. jennygirl says:

Superman is the perfect choice for his first Halloween 🙂
    Cute and tell Lucy she scared me to death with her great costume. I heart zombies!

5. Jennifer Rayment says:

OMG, he is adorable! You’ve only got to age 5 to really capitalize stealing candy from him — so get out there. My oldest counts now so I have no chance — but I got a year or two left with Jesse before he catches on to me — I’m a huge Halloween freak : )

6. Wrighty says:

Gage is soooo CUTE!!! Lucy too! Aren’t you glad you dressed him up? And I hope you got some great candy (for yourself!). It’s so fun to experience stuff through your children because it lets you be a kid again. Christmas toys are really fun! And it’s true that you accumulate lots of superhero costumes with boys. Having 3 sons of my own we had a toybox full of stuff and they used it for years and years.
    Enjoy it all! 🙂