Sundays with Gage – Mom who?

I wanted to participate in the Read-a-thon but couldn’t really ask Jason to do 24 + 6 (recovery sleep time) hours of dad duty so I suggested to my mom that she and my dad might like to come and help out for the weekend and being the awesome grandparents they are, they came.  Gage was having so much fun that he did not even notice that I was taking the day off.

Jason was never that comfortable with me doing Sundays with Gage and I told him that I would only do it til Gage turned one.  But I’ve heard from so many of you via blog, Facebook, and email that you would like it to continue.  So, I’ve been thinking about it and decided that I’ll continue to feature Gage on the weekends in someway.  Maybe Weekends with Gage?  I’ll try to be little more focused.  Once a month I can do a weekend with books, one with a special baby or mommy issue, one with a special trip we’ve taken, and the last one is open right now.  So, Gage will continue to show his cute face for a while longer, maybe til his next birthday?  I don’t know.  I like having the weekly update.  I’ve been better about documenting firsts here than anywhere else.

Also, I haven’t really addressed his health scare from February (post here).  We weren’t convinced that it wasn’t formula related in some way and have had him on soy  formula since and we have been extremely (too) careful in introducing foods.  In July he spent another night in the hospital after I fed him a cracker with cheese and milk.  So, that’s where we are.  We are not feeding him dairy even though his allergy test was negative.  He has been the picture of health otherwise and I’m hoping that week in February will be the scariest week of his childhood!

16 thoughts on “Sundays with Gage – Mom who?

1. Stephanie D. says:

I do love hearing about Gage and seeing his beautiful face; but I also understand Jason’s concern. Oh, these things are hard! Especially when he’s a big part of your blog (part of our lives now too, in a way).

And re his health issues – you really cannot be too careful!

2. Heather says:

I’m glad Gage is doing better! I love hearing about your journey as a new mother and all about Gage’s fun things and growth. I look forward to all your posts and support whatever you decide is best for you and your family! Lots of hugs and love!

• stacybuckeye says:

Don’t worry, Jill. Gage is here for the long haul 🙂 Things will likely stay almost the same for at least another year. I know my bottom line is that I don’t want to be blogging about him (at least not with as much detail) when he starts school. That’s a while from now. I’m just happy you all like to see his cute mug 🙂

3. Margot says:

You are very lucky to have a good support team close by. Every mom of young children needs a vacation occasionally. It’s also good for Gage to have lots of love and support around him. Very healthy. Congratulations on completing the read-a-thon,.

4. JoAnn says:

That was so nice that your parents came to help for readathon! Don’t know how I would have managed without mine nearby when the girls were little. Glad Gage will be sticking around a little longer 😉

5. Wrighty says:

I didn’t know Gage had another night in the hospital in July. So scary! I’m glad to hear he is doing well and growing healthy and strong. I always enjoy reading about him too but I also understand Jason being uncomfortable. I hope you can always find some way to share your adventures in mommyhood with us!

Love the photo of Gage and grandma! I hope he was properly spoiled as every baby should be!! 🙂