1. That first smile greeting me in the morning is my favorite one.
2. But the rest of them are pretty good too.
3. Baby toes are the best.
4. Little fingers gripping mine.
5. Seeing myself and Jason in him.
6. Grandparent visits.
8. Watching Gage chase Max. Poor Max.
9. Bedtime kisses.
10. Clean bill of health doctor visits.
11. Knowing that after 28+ hours of labor I can pretty much do anything.
12. Hearing Gage say mama (even though he has yet to actually say it to me).
13. Watching Gage learn new things.
14. Dancing with my little man.
15. Hearing Gage laugh with Jason.
16. When he falls asleep in the car seat.
17. Watching Gage brighten people’s day when he chats them up as we’re out running errands.
18. Seeing that Gage loves books and reading to him when he takes the book out of his mouth long enough.
19. Having a closer relationship with my mom.
20. I’m not nearly so concerned with my own crap anymore.
21. Sleeping all night with no interruptions. This does happen sometimes.
22. Saturday mornings when Jason takes over and I get to sleep in.
23. As a genealogy nut it’s nice to see another branch added to the family tree.
24. The pressure of having a perfect body has melted away (as the pounds have packed on).
25. Being able to stay at home with Gage is a blessing (but I still need mom mental health days)
26. Gage hugs.
27. Showing him new things.
28. Listening to his nonsense babble.
29. Having the best baby-rearing partner in Jason. He’s an awesome dad.
30. Knowing that the 1st year is hardest and it will get easier (if I am wrong on this, please don’t tell me!)
31. Buying baby clothes, even for boys, is more fun that I thought it would be.
32. Taking Gage to My Gym and library storytimes are fun for both of us.
33. Finally! Someone who likes my singing.
34. The love.
35. A baby really cuts into reading time, LOL!
36. The constant need to change my clothes and his.
37. The knowledge that most of what’s happening is really out of your control.
38. There are no sick days for mom.
39. Those cute teeth are sharp and he’s not afraid to use them! (He’s up to 8 teeth :))
40. Feeling like a big failure at least once a day.
Just leave a comment and you’ll be entered to win this beautiful journal and Godiva truffle bar. It really is a beautful lined journal-I have one myself.
I’ll draw a winner on October 19th.
I’m 5 1/2 here and have the 1970’s hair flip (think Charlie’s Angels) and denim outfit going on.