Sundays with Gage – Delayed Blessings

Last week I tried to write a post on miscarriage because it had been  about three years since I had suffered one, but wasn’t really feeling that I was saying it quite right.  I watched Lisa Ling on The View on Friday she captured everything I had wanted to say, only much more eloquently.  So, if you have a miscarriage know that it happens more than you think and that someday you can still come home with one of these…

22 thoughts on “Sundays with Gage – Delayed Blessings

1. Nathalie says:

Ohh, rings true for me also; and am now expecting a little boy in March; have held my breath for months on end, and still do from time to time. How are the dog and cat getting on with the new addition? I’m hoping my dog can adjust!

• stacybuckeye says:

Good luck with your pregnancy! I didn;t worry too much past the first 4 or 5 months and you should just relax and enjoy t he last few months too.
      Our cat and dog have adjusted well. Max is a little put out because he gets less attention, but he doesn’t mind the baby at all.

2. Jenners says:

How thoughtful of you to share this message with other women to give them hope. I know this happens so often … I’ve had quite a few friends who suffered miscarriages before having a baby and it always added such stress to the pregnancy until the baby finally arrived. I’m so happy you had your happy ending.

• stacybuckeye says:

It really does make the next pregnancy totally different. Takes a little of the enjoyment out of it. I didn’t want to get excited until we’d reached a safe period.

3. Veens says:

I am glad you shared this. I am sure this will be helpful for a lot of women out there.

Gage such a cute little thing…he is just perfect! I am so happy for you.

4. toyboxtales says:

I saw this today (delayed in Australia we get the episodes the day after). She said everything very well. I have been lucky to have never suffered a miscarraige but my mother did so I know a little bit about it from a personal point of view.

Im sorry to hear you had to go through something like that.

• stacybuckeye says:

Thanks for stopping by. I just wanted to put it out there because so few talk about it and then when it happens women feel alone.

5. Nise' says:

You are so blessed!

I agree with Lisa, that not many people talk about it. I struggled with finding someone who could relate when I experienced a full term stillbirth 24 yrs ago. As painful as it still can be, I will talk about it to help others.

• stacybuckeye says:

I am so sorry to hear that Nise. I cannot begin to understand how that felt. I was very early in my pregnancy when I miscaried and I considered that a blessing. I do think if more women talked about it there would be less of a sense of failure or fear when it happens.

6. Margot says:

I’m so glad you raised the issue and showed The View’s discussion. My first baby was my seventh pregnancy and by then I’d given up. He turned out to be a very determined little guy/man and a great blessing in my life. Babies are such a gift as you are learning every day.

• stacybuckeye says:

Wow, Margot. I don’t know how you had the strength to have 7 pregnancies. I was scared to find out how I would react if I had another one. I’m so glad you finally got your baby boy too 🙂

• stacybuckeye says:

Not brave as much as wanting to help. I waited months before I started talking to friends about it and just realizing how common it was made me feel so much better.