MONDAY MOVIE MEME
This week’s movie topic is all about Mind Games…The movies love to make their characters forget. Memory loss. Hypnosis. Spells. It makes for interesting plot possibilities and entertainment for the viewers.
Here are the first five that come to mind…
1. Shattered (1991) Tom Beringer plays a man who has amnesia after a car accident. It’s the stuff he can’t remember that may get him killed.
2. Memento (2000) Short term memory loss and a stockpile of post it notes make Guy Pearce’s character interesting. And that fact that it is told in reverse makes it worth a second look just to figure out what happened!
3. Mulholland Drive (2001) Another car wreck causes amnesia and this one is a bizarre tour through Los Angeles. Also needs a second viewing.
4. The Notebook (2004) A sappy love story that may cause a tear or two.
5. 50 First Dates (2004) Another short term memory loss sufferer is Drew Barrymore’s character. She’s what makes it worth watching.
So, did I forget a good one? (ha ha)
Find out what movies other bloggers chose at the Bumbles.