There are many movies that have writers as main characters. Let’s see if you can figure them out. Each movie title is worth 10 points and you have until Thursday night to submit your answers. I hide your answers until then.
Here are the rules… 1. Open to everyone. Play once or every week, that’s okay. I’m happy to have you here today.
2. No cheating. No googling, other internet searches or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system
3. Your first answers will be the only ones accepted.
1. I mentioned this one in the movie meme yesterday. The character CK Dexter Haven was writing a story about his ex-wife for a tabloid. The Philadelphia Story (1940)
2. Diane Lane played a writer who moved to Italy and restored an old house in this movie based on a travel memoir. Under the Tuscan Sun
3. The Secret Window (2004)
4. This movie about Harper Lee’s famous friend is the story of shocking Kansas murders. Capote (2005)
5. Gwyneth Paltrow won an Oscar for her role in this film about the Bard. Shakespeare in Love (1998)
6. Wonder Boys (2000)
7. REDRUM The Shining (1980)
8. Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor both play writers in this romantic comedy. Down With Love (2003)
9. The Hours (2002)
10. In this romantic comedy Luke Wilson’ character hires Kate Hudson’s character to type his manuscript. Alex & Emma (2003)