My Monthly Movie Thoughts and an Open Invitation

These are the movies I’ve watched this month and I’ve given each one a grade and 5 words to describe it.  There are two ways to actively participate.  One, if you’ve seen any of the movies leave me your 1-5 words in the comments and I’ll add them to the post.  Or, if you are feeling ambitious and want to do this on your own blog leave me a link in the comments and I’ll add it to the bottom of the post.   Of course,  you can just browse and enjoy too 🙂

I’ve noted airplane movies because I’m not sure a nervous flyer like me should be completely trusted to give an accurate grade.

2008  Grade A

Endearing Robot Saves 2805 Earth.

Overrated Carol

Perhaps Pixar’s Best Yet Wordlily

Sweet, endearing, romantic, fantasy flick. (Nolatari)

Touching Love Story With Robots (Beth)

Fantastic robots and save earth message. (Heather)

(1948. Cast- Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, Angela Lansbury, Van Johnson) Grade A-

Politics Sure Hasn’t Changed Much.

(2009. Cast-Robert DeNiro, Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale, Sam Rockwell)  Airplane Movie Grade B-

Too Sentimental.  DeNiro Awesome. Depressing.

(2004. Cast-Drew Barrymore, Adam Sandler, Sean Astin, Rob Schneider) Airplane Movie Grade C

Not As Terrible As Expected.

Disappointing. They’ve done much better. (Nolatari)

Sweet story, goofy, typical Sandler. (Debbie)

Silly, unbelievable, but semi-charming romance. (Heather)

(2009, Robin Williams, John Travolta, Seth Green, Kelly Preston, Bernie Mac)  Airplane Movie Grade D

A Few Laughs. Wasted Talent.

The Chaos Experiment(2009.  Cast- Val Kilmer, Armand Assante)  Grade – F

Complete Waste of Time.  Really.

March 31, 2010 - Posted by | 5 Word Movie Reviews

1. I love the five words rule. (50 First Dates is the best summary!)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | March 31, 2010 | Reply

2. I love this. It’s amazing how five words can sum up a movie.
    Wall-E – Overrated. (Just my opinion)

Comment by Carol | March 31, 2010 | Reply

• Well that just breaks my heart. I fell in love with Wall-E. I had no idea what it was about before we watched so I had no expectations.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 31, 2010 | Reply

3. Wall-E:
    • Pixar does it again.
    • Perhaps Pixar’s best yet.

I love Wall-E!

I like 50 First Dates better than you apparently did, but it wasn’t spectacular.
    • Adam Sandler plays modern-day Prince Charming

Comment by Word Lily | March 31, 2010 | Reply

• Well, I did see 50 First Dates on the plane so I cannot be held responsible for my thoughts. I was just trying to forget where I was!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 31, 2010 | Reply

4. Wow, you had a wide range of movies this month – from A to F. I may be the only one in the country who loved Everythings Fine. My husband said it was a complete downer. But Robert DeNiro was so real and so touching. I cried.

Comment by Margot | March 31, 2010 | Reply

• Then you are who they made the movie for, Margot! I loved DeNiro, but really disliked his kids.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 31, 2010 | Reply

5. Poor Val…he’s just not having any luck is he??? And to think I used to drool over him in Top Gun!!!

Comment by Staci | March 31, 2010 | Reply

• This is no Top Gun!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 31, 2010 | Reply

6. I haven’t seen a single one of those movies!

Comment by bermudaonion | March 31, 2010 | Reply

• I’d definitely recommend the first two 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 31, 2010 | Reply

7. I like the Wall-E one!

Comment by Alice Teh | April 1, 2010 | Reply

8. Gosh you pick some I didn’t know existed. I have to be the only one who really didn’t like Wall-E. I think some movies you have to watch in the theater. 50 first dates was okay, but like you said not that bad.

Comment by CeeCee | April 1, 2010 | Reply

• Well, Hannah also thought Wall-E was overrated. I, of course, think you are both wrong 😉 I just fell in love with that little machine.

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 1, 2010 | Reply

9. Wall-E was sweet, but a bit heavy-handed with the future forecast.

I LOVED 50 first dates. It suffered from Rob Reiner’s dumb humor, but I enjoyed the concept of falling in love with (the same) someone every day, or not. I thought it was sweet & romantic. Plus Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler are 2 actors I really like, more for their personality/ordinary quality than their acting abilities.
    This is a fun way to review movies!

Comment by candice | April 1, 2010 | Reply

• What’s up with all of the Wall-E haters? I remain completely on the Wall-E bandwagon.

I did love the concept of falling in love with the same person everyday. It a good goal for everyone 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 3, 2010 | Reply

10. I totally liked 50 first dates 🙂
    I really like Drew Barrymore 🙂

2 movies i really really want to see – Sit Stay and Play Dad and Everybody’s fine!

🙂

Comment by Veens | April 3, 2010 | Reply

• I like Drew Barrymore, but don’t have much patience for Adam Sandler. Well, except in their first movie together, The Wedding Singer. Loved that one.

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 3, 2010 | Reply

11. I like seeing your reviews in this format. I loved Wall-E … but I think it was too slow for kids. My son had a tough time getting through the opening!

Comment by Jenners | April 11, 2010 | Reply

12. Wall-E: sweet, endearing, romantic, fantasy flick
    50 First Dates: Disappointing. They’ve done much better.

Comment by Nolatari | May 11, 2011 | Reply

13. 50 First Dates: Sweet story, goofy, typical Sandler

Comment by Wrighty | June 14, 2012 | Reply

14. 50 First Dates– Silly, unbelievable, but semi-charming romance.

Wall-E– Fantastic robots and save earth message.

Comment by hmsgofita | December 29, 2012 | Reply