Mailbox Monday – May 12

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

It’s been over a month since I participated so I have a few things (and probably more than a few that I forgot already).  Before Easter, this wonderful surprise arrived from Cheryl & Co.  I definitely like to receive free books, but maybe yummy cookies just as much 🙂  Thank you to the authors who sent the cute cookie.

IMG_6056

I pre-ordered the new Christopher Moore book so that I could get the special signed edition.  It’s a beautiful book.

IMG_6364The Serpent of Venice

I picked up these at local bookstores from the clearance shelves, all for a dollar or two.

IMG_6363

Oh, I almost forgot that I received The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell from She Reads.  I’m reading it now and really liking it.

So, what arrived in your mailbox this week?

May 12, 2014 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. The title “Al Capone Does My Shirts” makes me laugh. Terrific mix of books, Stacy!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | May 12, 2014 | Reply

• It’s a great title, isn’t it? I only became aware of it when I did my autism quiz last month so I;m anxious to read it.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 12, 2014 | Reply

2. ooh a signed edition. I’d like that. And Mansfield Park–one of my favorites.

Comment by kelley | May 12, 2014 | Reply

• I’ve only seen the Mansfield Park movie (liked it) so I’m looking forward to it. It’s the last of her finished works I have left to read.

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 12, 2014 | Reply

3. The dollar store books seem wonderful!! Hope you like your new books!!

Here is my Mailbox post!!

Comment by gautami tripathy | May 12, 2014 | Reply

• I think most books I can get at that price are worth it 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 12, 2014 | Reply

4. Oh my gosh, that cookie is adorable – I bet Gage loved it! I’ve heard good things about Al Capone Does My Shirts.

Comment by BermudaOnion | May 12, 2014 | Reply

• Haha. Gage is gluten free-dairy free so I was able to enjoy it guilt-free 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | May 12, 2014 | Reply

5. I’m reading The Serpent of Venice too. It’s entertaining especially with all the references to characters in Shakespeare’s plays – King Lear’s court jester and Lear’s daughter Cordelia; Othello and Iago, Portia from The Merchant of Venice. I am guessing there will be more characters later on in the book.

Comment by harvee | May 12, 2014 | Reply

6. Looks like you have a great collection of books this month. Enjoy!

Comment by postingfornow | May 12, 2014 | Reply

7. I love clearance sales! Such a great way to add books to the shelves! Enjoy your new reading! 🙂

Comment by kay | May 12, 2014 | Reply

8. I actually did receive a book in the mail this past week! It’s such a rare occurrence these days. 🙂 It’s a mystery set in Africa, the second in a series. I had bought the third book at the book festival only to come home and realize I didn’t have the second. I finally got around to ordering it since I couldn’t find it at the local bookstores.

I hope you enjoy your new books!

Comment by Wendy Runyon | May 12, 2014 | Reply

9. Some nice titles purchased at your clearance sale, enjoy!

Comment by mary Ann Langan | May 12, 2014 | Reply

10. Yummy cookies or books. Hmmm decisions, decisions. Enjoy all 🙂

Comment by Mary | May 12, 2014 | Reply

11. The Shadow Year sounds like a great read.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | May 12, 2014 | Reply

12. The cookies are too cute and I like the looks of your new books as well. Enjoy Stacy

Comment by diane | May 12, 2014 | Reply

13. I like The Ship of Brides.

ENJOY all of your books and your reading week.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

Comment by Elizabeth P. (Silver's Reviews) | May 12, 2014 | Reply

14. Ooh, Jojo Moyes! Enjoy 🙂

Comment by lakesidemusing | May 13, 2014 | Reply

15. Cookies! You had me at cookies. I always enjoy those little extras. And the book looks adorable too.

Comment by Leslie | May 13, 2014 | Reply

16. Good bargain I must say. I haven’t read any of these books though. Will look forward to your thoughts.

Comment by VioletCrush | May 14, 2014 | Reply

17. Enjoy the new books!

Comment by Carol | May 14, 2014 | Reply

18. That’s a very cute cookie 🙂
    I liked Firefly Lane and have to make time for Fly Away … not sure when lol. Happy reading 🙂

Comment by Teddyree | May 16, 2014 | Reply