E is for Extras (that means free stuff)

Blogging from A-Z

Every year when I collect all of my unread books in one spot I find a few doubles.  I know I want the book, buy it and then discover it’s already it in the house!!  So, I need your help to find new homes for these books, 2 of them are favorites of mine and 3 I still need to read.  Leave a comment telling me which ones you want and Gage will randomly draw winners on Friday, April 26th (that happens to be the day for W).

005

1. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel. My first book of magical realism and I loved it.  The book is new.

2. Beloved by Toni Morrison. One of my favorite reads from last year.

3. The Devil’s Teardrop by Jeffery Deaver. A favorite author but I haven’t read this one yet.

4. Chocolat by Joanne Harris.  Loved the movie and I can’t wait to read this one.

5. The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold.  Loved her first book and I hope I love this one too.

Happy reading!  List all the ones that you want, you can win more than one.

April 5, 2013 - Posted by | FREE | ,

1. Haven’t read 1-4, but I did read The Almost Moon. I didn’t like it nearly as much as The Lovely Bones. But I would recommend her first book, Lucky. It’s a true account of her experience with rape in college. It’s very good.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | April 5, 2013 | Reply

• I see lots of negative reviews for The Almost Moon, but I don’t see how it can be that bad. I didn’t realize her first book was Lucky. I’ll have to look for that one.

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 5, 2013 | Reply

• I was told The Almost Moon was basically unreadable. I don’t think it was. But it definitely didn’t match up to the other 2.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | April 6, 2013

2. I liked “Like Water for Chocolate.” It was a bit different but I’m getting used to the way Latin American authors write with magical realism so I’m liking them more and more. I also own Beloved and need to get on reading it. Chocolat, I loved the movie and am looking forward to the book, which I also happen to won.

So I’m going to have to go with The Devil’s Teardrop and The Almost Moon! Thanks, Stacy!

Comment by hmsgofita | April 5, 2013 | Reply

3. Thanks for hosting this! After reading you’re bio (with a glass of wine beside me) I think we ‘re kindred spirits!
    : )
    Anyway, The Devil’s Teardrop sounds like a great summer read!
    Best of luck with the rest of the challenge!

Comment by Lauren Grimley | April 5, 2013 | Reply

4. I never read Chocolat or saw the movie.

Comment by Carol | April 5, 2013 | Reply

5. I think I’m interested in the first four. *hangs head*

Comment by Word Lily | April 5, 2013 | Reply

6. It is so nice of you to do this. I really can’t take any more books until I get rid of a few so no need to enter me in the fun!

Comment by boardinginmyforties | April 5, 2013 | Reply

7. I totally understand how that happened! I remember standing in front of my bookshelves after midnight wanting to re-read a specific book and not finding it. Dang, it was a library book! This was before Kindle-instant-download-ebooks so next time I was at the bookstore, I bought it and re-read it. When I put it on a bookshelf (different one), there was another copy of it.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment by abookdragon | April 5, 2013 | Reply

8. I am so glad I am not the only one. The last time I checked for duplicates, I had 7!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | April 5, 2013 | Reply

9. Such a good thought. Wish you were closer, would have taken them all. 🙂

Dropping by from A2Z
    BlogwatiG

Comment by blogwatig | April 6, 2013 | Reply

• I mail them to the winners for free. Would you like me to enter you?

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 8, 2013 | Reply

10. I do that too. But then it makes me wonder why I haven’t read the book since I must want to if I buy it more than once!

I haven’t read Chocolat yet and don’t own a copy, to my knowledge anyway. So that would be my choice.

Comment by Leslie | April 6, 2013 | Reply