I Love Fall Quiz – guessing closed

Fall has always been my favorite time of year.  I love the colors, the smells, the football and the fact that my birthday, wedding anniversary and Gage’s birthday all happen during October doesn’t hurt.  I think you’ll be able to fill in these titles with words I associate with the season.

FIRST TIMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

You have until noon Sunday to submit your answers as a comment.  Comment will be hidden until I post the answers.  No Googling! The person with the most points this round will win a B&N gift card (total $ based on # of total participants, so please play) and a randomly selected participant will win a fun prize from me.

1. The Cider House Rules by John Irving

2. Eats, Shoots & Leavesby Lynne Truss

3. Apple Turnover Murder by Joanne Fluke

4. The Angel and the Rake by Barbara Cartland

5. The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende

6. Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire

7. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

8. The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe

9. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield

10. Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

Last week’s Highest Paid Author Quiz here.  Leaderboard here.

September 25, 2012 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. 1. Cider
    2. Leaves
    3. Apple
    4. ??
    5. Leaves
    6. Witch (?) Gregory Maguire?
    7. Wind
    8. Bonfire
    9. Homecoming
    10. Leaves

Comment by Kay | September 25, 2012 | Reply

• Kay,
      Even though you are taking a break from your blogging it’s so great to see you here every week!!!!!
      80 points.

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 1, 2012 | Reply

2. Fun quiz! Here are my guesses:

1 – Cider
    2 – Leaves
    3 – Apple?
    4 –
    5 – Sand and Fog?
    6 – Witch
    7 – Wind
    8 – Bonfire
    9 – Homecoming
    10 – Leaves

Comment by bermudaonion(Kathy) | September 25, 2012 | Reply

• I’m giving you 5 for Sand and Fog 🙂 85 points!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 1, 2012 | Reply

3. I love fall too. Too bad I’m so bad at quizzes! :–)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | September 25, 2012 | Reply

• Oh, c’mon. I know you are the smartest person around these parts!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 1, 2012 | Reply

4. 1. Cider
    2. Leaves
    3. Apple
    4. Sorcerer
    5. Night
    6. Gun
    7. Wind
    8. Bonfire
    9. Homecoming
    10. Leaves

Comment by Word Lily | September 25, 2012 | Reply

• 95 points! I gave you half for House of Night since there is a series called that. And two of the others are new to me 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 1, 2012 | Reply

5. Ooh fun, we have Autumn in Australia but guessing just the same 🙂

1. The Cider House Rules
    2. Eats, Shoots and Leaves
    3. Apple Turnover Murder (is there any other turnover lol)
    4. The Angel and the Devil?? obvious but ya never know
    5. The House of Corn ?? don’t laugh
    6. Son of a Witch
    7. Gone with the Wind
    8. The Bonfire of the Vanities
    9. The Homecoming of Samuel Lake
    10. Leaves of Grass

Comment by Teddyree | September 25, 2012 | Reply

• 80 points and I did laugh!! House of Corn, heehee.

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 1, 2012 | Reply

6. Fall is by far my favorite season! What a great idea for a quiz too! 🙂

1) Cider
    2) Leaves
    3) Apple
    4) Madman
    5) Mirth
    6) Witch
    7) Wind
    8) Bonfire
    9) Ghost
    10) Leaves

Comment by Jae @ Book Nympho | September 25, 2012 | Reply

7. I come to love fall when I get over the fact that summer is gone! You have much to celebrate in October!

1. Cider
    2. Leaves
    3. Apple
    4. Prince – Highlander – Devil ?
    5. Mirth
    6. Witch
    7. Bonfire
    9. Homecoming
    10. Leaves?

Comment by Nise' | September 25, 2012 | Reply

• 90 points! I’ll miss summer only because it will be hard to contain Gage’s energy in the house when the snow hits!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 1, 2012 | Reply

8. 1. Cider
    3. Apple
    6. Witch
    7. Wind
    8. bonfire
    9. Homecoming
    10. Leaves

I loved this one and was surprised at how many I knew!! Your imagination rocks!!

Comment by Staci@LifeintheThumb | September 25, 2012 | Reply

2. Leaves
    3. Apple
    7. Wind
    8. Bonfire

I have a few ideas for 6, but didn’t think I should include them. 🙂

Comment by Tami | September 27, 2012 | Reply

• 50 points 🙂 If you think this was hard you should see the one Nise made for tomorrow!

Comment by stacybuckeye | October 1, 2012 | Reply

Comment by Carol M | September 29, 2012 | Reply

13. Happy fall!

1. Cider
    2. Leaves
    3. Apple
    4. Devil
    5. Seven Gables (pretty sure this is NOT what you’re looking for ;-))
    6.Witch
    7. Wind
    8. Bonfire
    9. Possession (a total guess, but I think it has promise :-D)
    10. Leaves