Authors aren’t always overlooked on the big screen. I’ve pictured 10 actors who have portrayed famous writers on the big screen and I’ve also give the year the movies came out so you have some frame of reference (but not to help you cheat :)) Tell me the author being portrayed for 5 points and/or the name of the movie for another 5. You have until noon Friday to submit your answers. Same prize as last time.
No cheating. No Googling, researching, or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system Your first answers will be the only ones accepted. Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.
1. Joseph Fiennes 1998 William Shakepeare-Shakespeare in Love
2. Nicole Kidman 2002 Virginia Woolf-The Hours
3.Phillip Seymour Hoffman 2005 Truman Capote-Capote
4. Gwyneth Paltrow 2003 Sylvia Plath-Sylvia
5. Bill Murray 1980 Hunter S. Thompson-Where the Buffalo Roam
6. Meryl Streep 1985 Isak Dinesen-Out of Africa
7. Anthony Hopkins 1994 C.S. Lewis-Shadowlands
8. Kate Winslet 2000 Iris Murdoch-Iris
9. Stephen Fry 1997 Oscar Wilde-Wilde
10. Natasha Richardson 1986 Mary Shelley-Gothic