Yesterday’s movie meme reminded me of John Candy an I thought we could take a trip down memory lane. I’ve seen 14 of his movies and I’ve listed them in the order that I liked them best. How many can you name? I’ve given you his character’s name. year it came out and a hint. 7 points for each correct answer and 2 bonus points if you can name a John Candy movie not on the list. You have until Friday at noon to submit your answers. Same prize as last time.
No cheating. No Googling, researching, or looking at other commenter answers. Yes, we’re going by the honor system Your first answers will be the only ones accepted. Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.
1. Del Griffith 1987 (he plays a man just trying to get by selling shower curtain rings) Planes, Trains & Automobiles
2. Irv 1993 (a man, a bobsled and a dream) Cool Runnings
3. Lasky 1983 (guard at Walley World) Vacation
4. Spike Nolan 1985 (What would you do if you inherited millions?) Brewster’s Millions
5. Freddie Bauer 1984 (plays a very supportive brother) Splash
6. Chet Ripley 1988 (plays a very put upon brother) The Great Outdoors
7. Barf 1987 (If you don’t know it from Barf then a clue won’t help you) Spaceballs
8. Buck Russell 1989 (Would you let this guy watch your kids?) Uncle Buck
9. Gus Polinski 1990 (he was in the original but not the sequels) Home Alone
10. Danny Muldoon 1991 (finally a romantic lead) Only the Lonely
11. Dean Andrews 1991 (this one had a lot of stars) JFK
12. Sheriff Bud Boomer 1995 (Michael Moore directed more than documentaries) Canadian Bacon
13. Tom Tuttle 1985 (the movie where Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson met and fell in love) Volunteers
14. Jack Chester 1985 (family vacation nightmare) Summer Rental