Sundays with Gage – Book Recommendations

Gage received two books from his Aunt Amy that he would like to recommend.

The first is On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman.  I did tear up when I read it to him for the first time.  It is a perfect book for a new baby and his or her Mom & Dad.  The story is all about the special qualities that make each child unique.   I love the illustrations and the message is very sweet and setimental.

The Boss Baby by Marla Frazee is a fun book, too.  As new parents Jason and I laughed while reading this spot on story of what goes on in a house when a baby is brought home.  Perfect for a baby shower or for new parents.  The illustrations are great too, with the baby wearing a sleeper with a tie.  A very cute book!

So, do you have any suggestions for Gage?  I know I want to buy him a bag full of gifts for Christmas!

On the Night You Were Born (Board Book) by Nancy Tillman: Book CoverThe Boss Baby by Marla Frazee: Book Cover

16 thoughts on “Sundays with Gage – Book Recommendations

1. JoAnn says:

My kids very early favorites were big board books by Helen Oxenbury – especially CLAP HANDS and ALL FALL DOWN. Vinyl bathtub books were great too. I can still recite a Sesame Street book where Ernie says Tubby time is so much fun, Rubber Duckie you’re the one….
    Gage is adorable!

2. StephanieD says:

My teen son and I went into a bookstore recently to buy presents for his cousin. He picked up a board book of Goodnight Moon and started reading out loud – (What’s mush?) in a snide voice. I had to remind him that it used to be his favorite book. He made me read that every night sometimes five times in a row when he was little. Ah, how soon they forget!

3. Jenners says:

One of the very first books my son responded to was “Pat The Bunny.” It is tactile book, and it actually fell apart he played with it so much. It is too early for him yet but he’ll be ready soon enough.

4. candice says:

Goodnight Moon is a wonderful read & I love Runaway Bunny (it makes me tear up) both by the marvelous Margaret Wise Brown.
    My youngest loved Yucky & Yummy, Big & Little, Loud & Quiet, very fun board books by Leslie Patricelli. Also, Goodnight Gorilla and Where the Wild Things Are. I could go on and on… have fun. reading with your baby is so much fun, and it keeps getting better. Gage will soon have his own preferences! –blessing to you & your family.

5. Bumbles says:

This reminds me of a gorgeously illustrated book called “On The DAY You Were Born” by Debra Frasier. I bet you would love that one too! And if not, you can just snuggle up with Gage instead ;0)

6. Margot says:

I’ve made a note of these two books for future gift ideas. There are so many wonderful board books that you can start getting now.

Also, I suggest that you start reciting many of the Mother Goose rhymes you remember from your childhood. There is a wonderful Mother Goose book by Richard Scarry that is wonderful. There is something about the rhythm of those rhymes that appeals to all children, even if they are only a few months old.

7. caspette says:

Awww adorbale.

“Thats not my …..” touchy feely series. Maybe for when Gage is a little older but my little man loves touching the “feely” bits. He loves Thats not my dog the best.

Also Mem Fox “Where’s the Green Sheep” is really good with bright colours and rhymes. Actually most stuff my Mem Fox is great!

8. jennygirl says:

Cute hat! and even cuter sleeoing baby. I would recommend the stand by Dr. Seuss. The man knew what he was doing. Also just general nursery rhyme books are always good.