Sundays with Gage – His First Thanksgiving

We took our first road trip with Gage to go home for Thanksgiving.  He is five weeks old and the trip was a little less than 2 and a half hours, so I was hopeful the trip would be fine.  I was more worried that the day would be too long and there would be too much noise and too many people for a happy baby.  Sometime in the last few weeks Gage has discovered that he has strong lungs and he likes to use them.  But no need to worry, he was a champ, even if he did sleep most of the time.  Here are a few pics from our four day trip…

It was a great weekend and since Gage slept with Grandma at night this mama got some extra sleep 🙂

In these pics he’s with his great aunt Betty, Carolyn and cousin Lucy are feeding him, Grandpa is holding him between cousins Jenny and Billy who stopped by on their way back from the OSU-Michigan game, and great uncle Larry.

And to prove he does open his eyes one more picture.   Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

30 thoughts on “Sundays with Gage – His First Thanksgiving

1. Michelle says:

Thank goodness for Grandmas willing to take babies so new Mamas can sleep! That is the best gift ever, is it not? Road trips can be intimidating, but at this age, they are an easy way to get a child acclimated for future road trips. We traveled everywhere with my son when he was a month old but did not do the same with my daughter. To this day, he handles long trips SO much better than she does. Kids are funny like that.

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

2. Jenners says:

I’m sure he was the hit of the holiday!! And I love the last photo … he looks like he’s had too much to eat. And from my experience, it is almost easier to travel with them NOW rather than later (but that could be a false memory).

• stacybuckeye says:

I think it is easier as far as the car goes because he sleeps, but he is still fairly colicky. He had a mini meltdown at Grandma’s. Of course, I guess that may happen when he’s older too, haha.

3. Amy says:

Gage is adorable and looks to have weathered his first Thanksgiving quite well!

Christmas will be fun for you and your last somewhat quiet one for a while!
    ~ Amy

4. Margot says:

Your little guy is just so cute. I like all the pictures you shared but especially like the one with his great uncle – the older generation and the future. Very touching.

5. Wrighty says:

He’s such a cutie!! A baby changes everything doesn’t it? Now you can see all the holidays through a child’s eyes again. I loved it and still do.

It sounds like you had a happy Thanksgiving and I’m sure you’re family was thrilled to see you all and to hold that baby! Christmas will really be fun!! 🙂

6. Veens says:

Awww… the grandmom is such a great Gift! Seriously, i think slept well, when my mom had come here for 1 month, it was divine 🙂

Thank you for sharing the pics, Gage is absolutely the cutest and perfect! God Bless!