Robert Downey Jr. Was In That? Quiz

Jason and I had our first date night as parents on Saturday night and we went and saw Due Date.  Jason liked it more that I did, but it had its moments.  I am always charmed by Downey and I’ve listed his characters in the order that I like his movies best with a hint (these are only the movies I’ve seen).  Can you identify the movie?  Leave a comment telling me the # and the name of the movie.  No Googling or looking at other commenter’s answers – that’s cheating and no fun!  Play once or every week.  It only takes one correct answer to be eligible for a prize.  You have until Thursday night to submit your answers.

Each answer worth 5.5 points, with 6.5 points for the bonus question.

Last week’s Thankful Quiz here.  Current Leaderboard here.

1. Kirk Lazarus (2008) also starred Ben Stiller Tropic Thunder

12. Special Agent John Royce (1998) also starred Tommy Lee Jones  US Marshals

13. David Seton Barnes (1991) also starred Sally Field  Soapdish

14. Jack Jericho (1987) also starred Molly Ringwald  The Pick-Up Artist

15. Derek Lutz (1986) also starred Rodney Dangerfield  Back to School

16. Billy Covington (1990) also starred Mel Gibson  Air America

17. Leo Wiggins (1988) also starred Anthony Michael Hall  Johnny Be Good

BONUS QUESTION For what television series did Robert win a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor?  Ally McBeal

November 16, 2010 - Posted by | Quizzes | ,

1. 1. Tropic Thunder
    5. Iron Man, Iron Man 2
    6. Sherlock Holmes
    7. The Soloist
    8. Zodiac
    9. Due Date
    12. U.S. Marshals
    13. Soapdish

Comment by Word Lily | November 16, 2010 | Reply

• 44 points, Hannah 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 19, 2010 | Reply

2. Excellent one of my fav actors!!! Hopefully this makes up for totally missing last week ; ) Can you tell I was a child of the 80’s – going to crack out a bunch of these, this weekend (You missed Chaplin though, an amazing movie)

1 Tropic Thunder (haven’t seen it yet, thank god for previews)
    2 Only You (Must watch that again)
    3 Weird Science (I think)
    4 Wonderboys
    5 Iron Man and Iron Man 2
    6 Sherlock Holmes (LMAO!)
    7 Never seen, something about a homeless musical genius or something — any good?)
    8 Zodiac
    9 Due Date (Going to see this weekend)
    10 Good Night and Good Luck (I think)
    11 Natural Born Killers (hated this movie!!!!)
    12 U.S. Marshalls
    13 Soapdish
    14 Pick Up Artish (adorable)
    15 Back To School (My 1st date with 1st boyfriend)
    16 Air America (loved it – ashamed to say had crush on MG)
    17 Johnny Be Good
    Bonus: Guessing Ally McBeal (thats the only tv show I think he was ever on)

Comment by Jennifer Rayment | November 16, 2010 | Reply

• He’s one of my faves too! 94.5 points! Very impressive. You should see The Soloist if you’re a fan. He was great in it.

3. 1. Tropic Thunder
    2. My cousin Vinnie???
    3. 16 Candles
    5. Iron Man
    6. Sherlock Homes
    9. Due Date
    10.
    11. Natural Born Killers ??
    12. Fugitive

13. Home for the holidays
    15. Back to School
    14. Less tha zero
    8. Zodiac

Bonus- ally mc beal

Comment by Jessica | November 16, 2010 | Reply

• 39.5 points! Glad you played along this week. I hope this means you are settling into your new home 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 19, 2010 | Reply

6. I’m not doing the quiz because they are always too hard for me but I just had to say how much I love Robert Downey Jr. I think he has such charisma … and I’m so glad he got himself together.

Comment by Jenners | November 16, 2010 | Reply

• Me too. He does have charisma. I love witty, sexy, smart asses!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 19, 2010 | Reply

7. Figured I would pass on Due Date and wait to watch it on Netflix. Glad you had a date night!
    2. You Only
    13.
    14 The Pick Up Artist
    16 Air America
    17 Johnny B. Good

Bonus – Ally McBeal

Comment by Nise' | November 16, 2010 | Reply

• 64.25 points! I gave you half for 2 only be cause I wasn’t sure if it was a typo or not. Due Date is a good Netflix choice.

8. 1. Tropic Thunder
    5. Ironman
    6. Sherlock Holmes
    7. The soloist
    9. Due Date
    8. Zodiac
    11. A Scanner Darkly

Comment by Staci | November 16, 2010 | Reply

• 33 points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 19, 2010 | Reply

9. I did not Google. I’m a huge RDJ fan. But there are still some that I have trouble remembering. I added question marks for those I’m not sure of.

1. Kirk Lazarus (2008) also starred Ben Stiller – TROPIC THUNDER

2. Peter Wright (1994) also starred Marisa Tomei – ONLY YOU

3. Ian (1985) also starred Anthony Michael Hall – WEIRD SCIENCE (??)

4. Terry Crabtree (2000) also starred Michael Douglas

5. Tony Stark (2008, 2010) also starred Gwyneth Paltrow – IRON MAN 1 & IRON MAN 2

6. Sherlock Holmes (2009) no more help on this one! – SHERLOCK HOLMES

7. Steve Lopez (2009) also starred Jamie Foxx – THE SOLOIST

8. Paul Avery (2007) also starred Jake Gyllenhaal – don’t know

9. Peter Highman (2010) also starred Zach Galifianakis – DUE DATE

10. Joe Wershba (2005) also starred George Clooney – GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK (??)

11. Wayne Gale (1994) also starred Woody Harrelson – NATURAL BORN KILLERS

12. Special Agent John Royce (1998) also starred Tommy Lee Jones – US MARSHALLS (??)

13. David Seton Barnes (1991) also starred Sally Field – don’t know

14. Jack Jericho (1987) also starred Molly Ringwald – THE PICK UP ARTIST

15. Derek Lutz (1986) also starred Rodney Dangerfield – BACK TO SCHOOL

16. Billy Covington (1990) also starred Mel Gibson – AIR AMERICA

17. Leo Wiggins (1988) also starred Anthony Michael Hall – JOHNNY BE GOOD (??)

BONUS QUESTION For what television series did Robert win a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor? ALLY MCBEAL

Comment by Kelly D. | November 17, 2010 | Reply

• Glad you joined the fun this week! 83.5 points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 19, 2010 | Reply

10. OK, well, I am pretty much boycotting this quiz because I do not see Julian from Less Than Zero on here and that was one of his best performances – even for a now dated 80’s movie. C’mon Stacy! Rent that one will ya? I obviously haven’t watched many of his movies since I know very few of these:
    1 = Tropic Thunder
    5 = Iron Man movies
    6 = Sherlock Holmes (thanks for the layup!)
    9 = Due Date
    15 = Back To School
    Bonus = Ally McBeal

Comment by Bumble | November 17, 2010 | Reply

• 27.5 ponts! Less Than Zero has been added to my list. I should spend more time actually watching these movies than I do in keeping the list up to date!

CORRECTION!! 34 points! Thanks for coming back to check on me. When there is a baby on my lap mistakes are bound to happen!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 19, 2010 | Reply

• Why only 27.5? Don’t I get the bonus points too?!

Comment by Bumble | November 23, 2010

12. U.S. Marshals
    13. Soapdish
    14. The Pick Up Artist
    15. Back to School
    16. Air America
    17. Hail Caesar

I have actually seen all of those movies and I didn’t cheat. 🙂

Comment by Becca | November 18, 2010 | Reply

• 88 points 🙂 Thanks for joining in on the fun this week!

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 19, 2010 | Reply

13. I forgot to answer the bonus question which is Ally McBeal.

Comment by Becca | November 18, 2010 | Reply

• Plus 6.5 more gives you 94.5 points 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 19, 2010 | Reply

14. I actually answered all of these and it says that it posted my answers but I don’t see them anywhere. Do I need to repost them?

Comment by Becca | November 18, 2010 | Reply

• No need to repost. I hide the comments until Friday morning when I post the answers. Although yours ended up in my spam folder. Don’t know why but I fixed it. Glad you’re playing this week 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | November 18, 2010 | Reply