I just finished The Post man Always Rings Twice by Cain. It was my 6th book. 950 pages, 7 hours of audio book listening and no sleep. Here’s what I read…
My favorite was The Housekeeper and the the Professor. Here are the wrap up questions…
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? 6:30-7:30 AM
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Ellen Degeneres book helped me laugh, so probably any hunor book would work.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I thought it was great.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything. Liked the mini challenges – even if I didn’t win anything.
5. How many books did you read? 6
6. What were the names of the books you read? see above
7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Housekeeper and the the Professor by Ogawa
8. Which did you enjoy least? Manhunting by Crusie
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Too tired to come up with anything right now.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would love to participate again. I would probably devote some hours to cheering as well as reading.
I had a great ime in my first read-a-thon and look forward to posting this and heading to bed. Even as the sunslight streams into the room.
15 thoughts on “Read-a-Thon Wrap up”
I somehow missed your blog during my blog hopping 😦
Anyway here I am and I must say your books look so pretty. Well done.
Looks like you enjoyed a fun readathon. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!
Congrats on all the books you read! 🙂 I’m on my library’s list for The Housekeeper and the Professor!
We did it, Stacy! Feels good, doesn’t it?!
I’m so impressed that you read 6 books! I’m dying to read The Housekeeper and the Professor so I’m glad to see you enjoyed it.
Great job on the reading! Time to take a long nap.
Congratulations on reaching the end, Stacy! You did a great job and it sounds like you had a fun time.
Congrats on making it through the Readathon – it was such a fun day!
Way to go Stacy!! You stayed awake the whole time 🙂 Wow!!
Great job! I can’t believe you stayed up the whole time! You’re a better reader than me! I did 12.5 hours and then crashed. And good news for you, you won my giveway of Kent Haruf’s “Plainsong.” I just sent you an e-mail about it!
Well done and congratulations!
I really want to read that Ellen Degeneres book one day. 🙂
I’m writing this on Monday morning. No way could I come over here and check out your progress any earlier. I refuse to say I’m too old but – these all-nighters are rough!!! I’m glad to see you did so well. Six books is amazing. By now I’m sure you’re feeling pretty good about your accomplishment and, hopefully, you are feeling rested and refreshed.
I couldn’t have done no sleep. Congrats on all you did. I think I want to spend some time cheerleading next time, too.
yay for read-a-thonners! i read housekeeper and the professor awhile back and enjoyed it as well. look forward to visiting your blog now that i’m met you.
happy reading ;-D
I LOVED The Housekeeper and the Professor — glad you did, too!