I had so much fun reading the comments from my review of The Breakfast Club last week that I decided to make this week’s quiz about the Brat Pack. The Brat Pack is the name given to the group of young 80’s actors who appeared in The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo’s Fire. That is only 8, so I am adding the cast from Pretty in Pink to get us to 10.
All answers will be one member of the Pack. Good luck!
1. This Brat Packer wrote a best selling children’s book at 12 and a book of poetry in his/her 20’s. Ally Sheedy, Kathy
2. In a 2000 tv movie this actor played a scriptwriter who begins killing girls for research. Judd Nelson, Bumbles
3. This actor had a starring role in a popular cable series from 2002-2007 based on a Stephen King novel. Anthony Michael Hall, Bumbles
4. This Brat Packer has married twice, both times to writers. Molly Ringwald, Bumbles
5. This actor appeared in 1993’s The Joy Luck Club and 2008’s Spiderwick Chronicles. Andrew McCarthy, Bumbles
6. Who said “It never occurred to me to write until (film partner) Richard Schenkman suggested it. I had always wanted to, but never really thought I could and he was like, “If you can write a sentence, just a lot of those, you can do it.” I didn’t think I could do it because I thought writing was this rarefied thing that brilliant people sit in a room and do, and I realized that it’s really a process and if you trust the process and if you understand the conventions then you too can be a good writer.” Jon Cryer, Bumbles
7. This actress had leading roles in The Scarlet Letter and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Demi Moore, Bumbles
8. The actor appeared in Stephen King’s Salem’s Lot in 2004. Rob Lowe, Kathy
9. Who said “Writing is a lonely job unless you’re a drinker, in which case you always have a friend within reach.” He also starred in SE Hinton’s The Outsiders and Tex. Emilio Estevez, Bumbles
10. Who said “If I don`t need the money, I don`t work. I`m going to spend time with my family and friends, and I`m going to travel and read and listen to music and try to learn a little bit more about how to be a human being, as opposed to learning how to be somebody else.” Also starred in Bret Easton Ellis’s Less Than Zero. James Spader, Bumbles
Get to guessing 🙂