I hope all of my fellow Americans had a wonderful fourth of July celebrating our country’s freedom. See if can identify these books by their first lines. I’ve given you hints already. Here’s how to play…Identify these famous books by telling me the book and author. Leave a comment with the # and the title and author of the book and I’ll cross it off the list. No Googling, that’s cheating and no fun!
1. It was just before 4:00 a.m. on a weekday. 4th of July by James Patterson, Debbie
2. You like to have some cup of tea?- July’s People by Nadine Gordimer, Hilarie
3. I won Dribble at Jimmy Fargo’s birthday party. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume, Kathy
4. “Waiting sucks.” Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty, Literature Crazy
5. The little village of Obscurity is remarkable only for its unremarkableness. The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde, Hilarie
6. Imagine a young man on his way to a less-than-thirty-second event– the loss of his left hand, long before he reached middle age. The Fourth Hand by John Irving, Debbie
7. Apart from life, a strong constitution, and an abiding connection to the Thebu royal house, the only thing my father bestowed upon on me at birth was a name, Rolihlahla. Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela, Debbie
8. Oribel Scully had shown him into the kitchen at the rectory. COLD DAY IN JULY BY STELLA CAMERON
9. There isn’t a part of our lives that money doesn’t touch–it affects our relationships. the way we go about our everyday activities, our ability to make dreams reality, everything. The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suzie Orman, Kathy
10. The Swede. AMERICAN PASTORAL BY PHILIP ROTH
So, let’s hear your guesses!