Scrambled Johns – guessing closed

Okay, I’ve been negligent in posting quizzes these past few weeks and I have no excuse except that I have been very busy (and sick so that doesn’t help).  We’ll see if I can get another week or two in and then crown a winner for this round.

No Googling or looking at other commenter answers.  Yes, we’re going by the honor system 🙂  Play every week or just one time, you are always welcome 🙂  It only takes once to be eligible for a prize.

Leave your guesses as a comment. Good luck!!

There are lots of Johns who have written bestselling books. I scrambled the title of one of their books and their last names.

1. A EIMT OT LILK – John MSIARGH  A Time To Kill by John Grisham

2. GOOKINL ROF AAALSK – John EERNG   Looking For Alaska by John Green

3. A RAYPER ORF WENO NEAYM – John RINGIV   A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving

4. STEA FO EEDN – John TECKBSEIN    East of Eden by John Steinbeck

5. LURES FO REYP – John FANDORDS   Rules of Prey by John Sandford

6. HET YOB NI TEH TRIPDES JAMASPA – John YNEBO   The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

7. NIGHTMID NI HET DENGAR FO DOGO NAD VILE – John BEERTND   Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt

8. HET KOBO FO STOL INGTHS – John NNOOLLCY    The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

9. THNOR NAD OUTSH – John KESJA   North and South by John Jakes

10. RINO SHOUE – John THAR   Iron House by John Hart

11. UFFSER ETH CILDHREN – John AULS   Suffer the Children by John Saul

12. A FEDERCONACY FO CUNDES – John KEENNDY LOOTE   A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

June 2, 2015 - Posted by | Quizzes

1. Let’s see if I’m awake enough to unscramble.

1. A Time To Kill – John Grisham
    2. Looking For Alaska – John Green
    3. A Prayer For Owen Meany – John Irving
    4. East Of Eden – John Steinbeck
    5. Rules Of Prey – John Sandford
    6. The Boy In The Striped Pajamas – John Boney (?)
    7. Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil – John Berendt

8 – The Book of Lost Things – John Connelly
    9 – North and South – John Jakes
    10 – Iron House – John Hart
    11 – Suffer the Children – John Saul
    12 – A Confederacy of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole

Comment by BermudaOnion | June 3, 2015 | Reply

3. Ha, this quiz is where all those years spent doing word puzzles has come in handy, because some of these I’ve never heard of, but I could somehow unscramble them to make sense – we’ll see how right I got them 🙂

1- A Time to Kill by John Grisham
    2- Looking for Alaska by John Green
    3- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
    4- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
    5- Rules of Prey by John Sandford
    6- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John ?
    7- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John ?
    8- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
    9- North and South by John Jakes
    10- Iron House by John Hart
    11- Suffer the Children by John Saul
    12- A Confederacy of Dunces by John ?

Comment by Tara | June 3, 2015 | Reply

4. 1. A Time to Kill — Grisham
    2. Looking for Alaska — Green
    3. A Prayer for Owen Meany — Irving
    4. East of Eden — Steinbeck
    5. Rules of Prey — Sanford
    6. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas — Boyne
    7. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil — Berendt
    8. The Book of Lost Things — Connolly
    9. North and South — Jakes
    10. Iron House — Hart
    11. Suffer the Children — Saul
    12. A Confederacy of Dunces — Kennedy Toole

Comment by Word Lily | June 3, 2015 | Reply

5. Sorry you weren’t feeling great. Hope you are better.
    1. A Time To Kill – Grisham
    2. Looking for Alaska – Green
    3. A Prayer for Owen Meany – Irving
    4. East of Eden – Steinbeck
    5. Rules of Prey – Sandford
    6. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas – Boyne
    7. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil – ? Redbent
    8. The Book of Lost Things – Connolly
    9. North and South – Jakes
    10. Iron House – Hart
    11. Suffer the Children – Saul
    12. Confederacy of Dunces – Kennedy Toole

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | June 3, 2015 | Reply

6. Fun quiz this week, thanks for making it up and sharing it! I thought it pretty easy for me, but I did trip up on some, though not the first names, lol.

1. A Time to Kill- John Grisham, read the book and saw the movie
    2. Looking for Alaska- John Green, didn’t read it but read good things about it
    3. A Prayer for Owen Meaney- John Irving, saw the movie, didn’t finish the book
    4. East of Eden- John Steinbeck, never bothered to read it
    5. Rules of Prey- John Sanford, have been considering his series since forever
    6. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas- John Boyne (?) saw the move, oh how sad!
    7. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil- John Bernedt (?), want to read it
    8. ? – John Connolly, hmm
    9. North and South- John (?) read it so very long ago
    10.Iron House by John Hart
    11. Suffer the Children- John Saul, my eldest used to read him
    12. ? by John Kennedy Loote (?) I have no idea

Comment by Rita @ View From My Home | June 3, 2015 | Reply

• 100 points! I like the Sandford Prey series and really loved Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil.

Comment by stacybuckeye | June 9, 2015 | Reply

7. Sorry you’ve been sick 😦 Hope you are feeling better!

1. A Time to Kill by John Grisham
    2. Looking for Alaska by John Green
    3. A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving
    4. East of Eden John Steinbeck
    5. Rules of Prey John Sanford
    6. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas John Boyne
    7. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil Redbent
    8. The Book of Lost Nights by John Connolly
    9. North and South by John Jakes
    10. Iron House John Hart
    11. Suffer the Children John Saul
    12. Confederacy of Dunces Kennedy Toole

Comment by Heather | June 4, 2015 | Reply

• Still fighting this annoying cough 😦 Good old Evil Redbent . LOL! He hasn’t written nearly enough books 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | June 9, 2015 | Reply

8. 1. A Time to Kill – John Grisham
    2. Looking For Alaska – John Green
    3. A Prayer for Owen Meaney – John Irving
    4. East of Eden – John Steinbeck
    5. Rules of Prey – John Sandford
    6. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas – John Boyne
    7. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil – John Berendt
    8. The Book of Lost Things – John Connolly
    9. North and South – John Jakes
    10. Iron House – John Hart
    11. Suffer the Children – John Saul
    12. A Confederacy of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole

I can’t believe I’ve only read two of these. Suffer the Children years and years ago. I think I was a preteen. And I HATED Confederacy of Dunces. I own almost all of the rest.

I almost missed this quiz. Somehow, I’m getting your posts as a weekly digest now. Not sure how that happened. Going to my settings to switch it back to daily. 🙂

Comment by thetruebookaddict | June 8, 2015 | Reply

• 120 perfect points! I loved ACOD! The black humor was so shocking when I first read it that I couldn’t help but laugh. Not sure how I’d feel about it now, but I’ve been wanting to read it again.

Comment by stacybuckeye | June 9, 2015 | Reply

• Just goes to show that not everybody likes the same books. Authors need to remember that. 😉

Sorry you’re still not feeling 100%. Hope you get to feeling your old self soon. *hugs*

Comment by thetruebookaddict | June 9, 2015