Mailbox Monday-April 6

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Here’s my friend Golda and me in the summer of 2000 in Manhattan.  IMG_2923We worked together at Barnes & Noble in Lansing, Michigan, so when Jason and I were living in midtown and Golda was looking for a New York publishing job AND a place to live, it made sense that she would crash on our couch when we were between guests.  Finding housing in New York is no joke!  Anyway, fast forward 15 years and Golda has been with W.W.Norton & Company for what seems like forever and she’s a New Yorker now. And, bless her giving heart, she sent me this box last week.  It felt like Christmas!  She is the best 🙂

IMG_2919

Best Boy by Eli Gottlieb.(to be released August 2015)

Sent to a “therapeutic community” for autism at the age of eleven, Todd Aaron, now in his fifties, is the “Old Fox” of Payton Living Center. A joyous man who rereads the encyclopedia compulsively, he is unnerved by the sudden arrivals of a menacing new staffer and a disruptive, brain-injured roommate. His equilibrium is further worsened by Martine, a one-eyed new resident who has romantic intentions and convinces him to go off his meds to feel “normal” again. Undone by these pressures, Todd attempts an escape to return “home” to his younger brother and to a childhood that now inhabits only his dreams.  (from Goodreads)

Follow Me Home by Cathy Woodman

Life has been tough for village midwife Zara. Recently divorced and living with her grandmother, Zara is struggling to get back on track. Until one day, love walks in, in the form of an abandoned puppy. Although Zara adores her new friend, the puppy causes havoc wherever they go, so she is grateful when local shepherd Lewis offers to train her. But Lewis has an ulterior motive for helping. And though Zara may be able to trust him with her naughty dog, can she trust him with

her bruised heart?  (from Goodreads)

IMG_2920

Racing Driver:How to Drive Racing Cars Step by Step

Space Academy:How to Fly Spacecraft Step by Step

Flight School:How to Fly a Plane Step by Step

IMG_2921

My Favorite Animal Families by Steve Bloom

Elephants:A Book for Children by Steve Bloom

IMG_2922

Funny Face! Find the Surprises! Draw, Color, Fold!

Let’s Play a Game:All You Need to Play Six Board Games

Make Art with Your Hands and Feet!

Isn’t Golda awesome?

April 5, 2015 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. What a nice friend! That box of books will keep you and your family busy 🙂 Best Boy sounds intriguing. Happy reading!

Comment by Lucy | April 5, 2015 | Reply

2. Wow, what a wonderful box of goodies from your friend. I was in Lansing this afternoon at the Wharton Center seeing The Phantom of the Opera.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | April 5, 2015 | Reply

• I remember watching Beauty and the Beast at Wharton. Great production!

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 6, 2015 | Reply

3. Golda is more than awesome 🙂 I hope everyone enjoys the reads!

Comment by samstillreading | April 6, 2015 | Reply

4. What a lovely surprise and a great box of goodies. The Steve Bloom books look so cute!

Comment by Teddyree | April 6, 2015 | Reply

5. Wow, what fun!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | April 6, 2015 | Reply

• Yep, it was Christmas good. Except that I never get books at Christmas!

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 6, 2015 | Reply

6. What an awesome friend!

Comment by Mary | April 6, 2015 | Reply

7. What a great gift! Bet you guys had fun delving in and seeing what it contained. Yay for Golda!

Comment by Kay | April 6, 2015 | Reply

• It was so much fun digging through the books 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 6, 2015 | Reply

8. Wow, what a wonderful package for you and Gage!

Comment by BermudaOnion | April 6, 2015 | Reply

9. What a great friend!! Enjoy all the books 🙂

Comment by lakesidemusing | April 6, 2015 | Reply

10. Yikes, you have pictures from 2000!? Ah, we were so young. 🙂 I still remember going to see Aida, that was fun. Anyway, Best Boy is wonderful and I hope Gage enjoys the kids books!

Comment by Golda | April 6, 2015 | Reply

• I almost included TWO pics from 2000 🙂 I have one with you and me and Libby at the ESPN Zone. Aida is still my favorite show. I’ve seen it several times since and I listen to the soundtrack a lot. You are the best. One day I’ll get back to New York and sleep on your couch 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | April 6, 2015 | Reply

11. What a treasure of a friend! She sent books that Gage is sure to love, and two enjoyable-looking books for you. By the way, how cute are you, Stacey, in that pic 🙂 Adorable! Enjoy the box of goodies and the love of a dear friend.

Comment by Rita @ View From My Home | April 6, 2015 | Reply

12. Nice! A box of books is a most welcome gift. 🙂

Comment by Leslie | April 7, 2015 | Reply

13. Nice week for you.

ENJOY!!

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

Comment by Silver's Reviews | April 7, 2015 | Reply

14. Look at all those fun books!

Comment by sagustocox | April 7, 2015 | Reply

15. What a good friend, I love that she sent books for both you and Gage!
    Enjoy your books!