Traveling!

Oh, how I miss traveling.  It is difficult to plan trips with Gage because of his therapy schedule and even more, his allergies.  Hopefully we’ll be taking a short family trip at the end of the month, BUT this week (like in a few hours) Jason and I are sneaking off for 3 whole nights!  Jason has a conference in the DC area so I’m tagging along to visit old haunts (this is where Jason and I met 18 1/2 years ago).  No quiz. Haven’t had the time or the energy. Maybe the few days away will revive me 🙂

IMG_0626Gage at the library yesterday.  Isn’t his new haircut cute?

September 17, 2014 - Posted by | Uncategorized

1. Enjoy your break!

Gage’s haircut is sooo cute.

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 17, 2014 | Reply

2. Really glad you’re doing this. Our kids are 38, 35, and 30, and we always made sure, when they were growing up, that Joni and I got away now and again. I think it’s important for the long-term health of a marriage/relationship. I am now done pontificating!

Comment by Lloyd Russell | September 17, 2014 | Reply

3. My husband and I have yet to be able to get away for more than a few hours in a day–and even that comes only once every few months or so. Someday hopefully! I hope you have a wonderful time on your getaway!

Love his new haircut!

Comment by Literary Feline | September 17, 2014 | Reply

4. Cute haircut! Enjoy your time away to recharge!

Comment by My Home of Books (@duffygal777) | September 17, 2014 | Reply

5. Have a wonderful time!

Comment by Mary | September 17, 2014 | Reply

6. Enjoy every single moment, my friend!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | September 17, 2014 | Reply

7. Cute Gage!! And ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy sleeping in! Enjoy eating meals without having to help anyone else! Enjoy long showers!!

Comment by Trish | September 17, 2014 | Reply

8. Enjoy every moment… you deserve it!!

Comment by lakesidemusing | September 17, 2014 | Reply

9. So glad you are able to get away. Have a great time.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 17, 2014 | Reply

10. His haircut is adorable!

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | September 18, 2014 | Reply

11. Enjoy your time in DC!

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | September 18, 2014 | Reply

12. I truly believe that “mommy/daddy vacations” are what kept my husband and I sane and married for this long! Of course, that was back when my parents were willing to watch my kids. Lately, with all the joys that a teenager brings, they are not so willing to do that anymore. 😦 Every second you are gone you will be thinking about Gage and talking about him, but this is great for the soul! Have fun!

Comment by sandynawrot | September 18, 2014 | Reply

13. So nice that you and the hub can get away. It’ll be good for all of you and Gage looks adorable with his new cut.

Comment by diane | September 19, 2014 | Reply

14. Gage looks so grown up. I think it’s wonderful if you can have both family holidays and mummy/daddy long weekends away … good for everyone! And now as a grandparent I’ll be putting my hand up for babysitting if my son and daughter-in-law would like a weekend away 🙂

Comment by Teddyree | September 26, 2014 | Reply

• Teddyree, would you agree that grandparenthood is the greatest club ever created?

Comment by Lloyd Russell | September 27, 2014 | Reply