I’ve been working my way through 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die and am enjoying it. This quiz is all about matching up the quote with the artist who made it. Sometimes these quotes were made decades after they hit it big and f it’s a band, someone in the band made it and you don’t have to know who. I know these will be guesses but I think you can do it!!
Take your best guesses, be entered to win a prize. No cheating (using the web to help find answers) or copying. All extra details can be found here.
Leave your guesses in the comment section until Sunday.
I just need the name of the band.
1. “Till death do us part.” The Beatles, George Harrison, 1964
2.”Man I was tame compared to what they do now.” Elvis Presley, 1972
3. “We got into the whole country thing-playing poker, drinking whisky, wearing cowboy hats.” The Byrds – Roger McGuinn, 2003
4. “My devotion to…social change…will go on until I fall into the grave” Joan Baez, 1993
5. “I have to change a tune to my own way of doing it” Billie Holiday, 1939
6. “I couldn’t go on being the lone folkie out there, you know, strumming “Blowin’ in the Wind’ for three hours every night.” Bob Dylan, 1978
7. ‘I dreamed I had a halo.” The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, 1990
8. “Let me live my life the way I want to.” Jimi Hendrix, 1967
9. “Paul is a very creative artist but I’m more that thorough, meticulous, disciplined nut.” Simon & Garfunkel, Art Garfunkel, 1990
10. “I don’t think I’m easy to talk about. I’ve got a very irregular head. Pink Floyd, Sid Barrett, 1971
Answers to last week’s name quiz here.