For the more musically inclined quiz – guessing closed

quiz I’ve been working my way through 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die  and am enjoying it.  This quiz is all about matching up the quote with the artist who made it.  Sometimes these quotes were made decades after they hit it big and f it’s a band, someone in the band made it and you don’t have to know who.  I know these will be guesses but I think you can do it!!

Take your best guesses, be entered to win a prize.  No cheating (using the web to help find answers) or copying.  All extra details can be found here.

Leave your guesses in the comment section until Sunday.

Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi HendrixBob DylanPink Floyd: Musical Milestones - Reflections on the WallJoan Baez: How Sweet the SoundThat's the Way It Is [Legacy Edition]Help!Beach Boys: American Band / Brian Wilson: I Just Wasn't Made for These TimesBillie Holiday's Greatest Hits [MCA]Straight for the SunThe Essential Simon & Garfunkel

I just need the name of the band.

1. “Till death do us part.”   The Beatles, George Harrison, 1964

2.”Man I was tame compared to what they do now.”   Elvis Presley, 1972

3. “We got into the whole country thing-playing poker, drinking whisky, wearing cowboy hats.”  The Byrds – Roger McGuinn, 2003

4. “My devotion to…social change…will go on until I fall into the grave”  Joan Baez, 1993

5. “I have to change a tune to my own way of doing it”   Billie Holiday, 1939

6. “I couldn’t go on being the lone folkie out there, you know, strumming “Blowin’ in the Wind’ for three hours every night.”  Bob Dylan, 1978

7.  ‘I dreamed I had a halo.”   The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, 1990

8. “Let me live my life the way I want to.”   Jimi Hendrix, 1967

9. “Paul is a very creative artist but I’m more that thorough, meticulous, disciplined nut.”   Simon & Garfunkel, Art Garfunkel, 1990

10. “I don’t think I’m easy to talk about. I’ve got a very irregular head.   Pink Floyd, Sid Barrett, 1971

Answers to last week’s name quiz here.

September 10, 2014 - Posted by | Quizzes | ,

1. Wow, I know a lot of those artists but don’t know those quotes. This is tough! I’ll take my best shot.

1. Simon & Garfunkel
    2. Elvis Presley
    3. The Beach Boys
    4. Joan Baez
    5. Jimi Hendrix
    6. Bob Dylan
    7. The Beach Boys
    8.The Byrds
    9. The Beatles
    10. Billie Holliday

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 10, 2014 | Reply

2. Okay, I see a made a couple of mistakes. #3 should be The Byrds and #8 should be Pink Floyd.

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 10, 2014 | Reply

• Your corrections are duly noted 🙂 50 points! Tricky one I know. I would have done poorly taking this quiz.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 16, 2014 | Reply

8. Hendrix
    9. Simon and Garfunkel
    10. Pink Floyd

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | September 11, 2014 | Reply

• Your son earns 100 points 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 16, 2014 | Reply

4. I nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://the-readathon.blogspot.com/search/label/Liebster%20Award

Comment by Monica | September 12, 2014 | Reply

5. 1. Beach Boys
    2. Bob Dylan
    3. The Byrds
    4. The Beatles
    5. Jimi Hendrix
    6. Joan Baez
    7. Billie Holiday
    8, Elvis Presley
    9. Simon and Garfunkel
    10. Pink Floyd

Total shot in the dark, except for one maybe. 😉

Comment by thetruebookaddict | September 15, 2014 | Reply

• 30 points! A toughie this week.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 16, 2014 | Reply