Sundays with Gage – A day in the life of my 3 year old

I’d been thinking about doing a post like this for a while and then I saw Trish’s and was spurred into action. I hadn’t planned on using so many photos but I loved her post so much that I was clicking my iPhone all day.  Hers was a day in the life of a mom and maybe I’ll do that too, but this is a day in the life of Gage.  It was last Monday. Gage has no typical day, each day brings different sessions or therapy or play time, so Monday was as good a day as any.

2 am-“Daddy!”  Mom comes in a stays til 2:40 when she sneaks back into her own bed.

7:05 am- Daddy got me out of bed, took me to the potty, helped brush my teeth.  Mom gave me breakfast (almond milk, cereal, strawberries) and let me watch a video from the library. It was Mr. Rogers.day1

7:41 am- Mom and I leave for school. I liketo count school buses on the way. 12 today.day2

7:54 am School! See the cute girl in the cubby next to mine?  Snack was raisins, pretzels and juice that mom sent.day3day9

10:30 am Mom picks me up.  Mom hears how I “really like” Lila and how she didn’t appreciate my chopping her head with my hands.  Hey, I thought she’d like it!day4

10:47 am- We’re home and I get to play.day8

11 am-My friend Betsy comes to play and teach me stuff.day6

11:50 am- Mom brings lunch and visits for 5 minutesday7

12:35 pm-Betsy takes me outside.

12:42 pm-We come inside because I hate the sound of that lawnmower next door.

1:05 pm-Betsy leaves. (Session with Betsy was a little rough.  I tend to bite or hit after we’ve gone to BW-3.  They say their fries are gluten free but they are not.)

1:15 pm- Mom makes me try a nap. I try really hard.

1:40 pm- Light on!  Play time.

1:55 pm-Hit mom. Timeout.  I blame in on BW-3 and gluten. At least that what mom says.

2:10 Leave for Occupational Therapy

2:15- Arrive at OT and play with kids in the waiting room.He was nice but I like Max when I come on Wednesdays better.day11

2:30- Session with Myshl.day12

3:20 -Session over. I did a good job.

3:35- Arrive at the park for a snack.I wish Mom would quit taking pictures.day13

3:45- Nature walk/Scavenger hunt to the Community Center. I had to collect 6 blades of grass, 3 rocks, 2 flowers. 5 leaves.day14

4- Community Center/Kid Zoneday15

4:30- Leave Kid Zone (There were no other kids today.  I like it when there are other kids to play with.)

4:40- Get back to car.

4:55- Back home for some snacks (crackers) and trains.

5:30- Sesame Street and fun.  It’s the pogo stick episode so we practice jumping and rolling 🙂day16day17

5:50- Daddy’s home early!!day18

6:25- Dinnerday 19

6:40-Timeout for spilling Mom’s drink all over the table.  No playground tonight 😦

6:50- Done with dinner. Crying fit over not being able to go to playground.

7- iPad and Daddy time.day20

7:45- Cookies and almond milk and books!  Tonight I chose Cat Heaven, Huff and Puff, and We Work at the Hospital.  We also read my Children’s Bible.

8- Brush teeth and change for bed.day21

8:06- Lights outday22

8:16- Asleep

September 14, 2014 - Posted by | Gage

1. Thanks for sharing Gage’s day Stacy. Such a busy day! Your photos are adorable!

Comment by Pat @ Posting For Now | September 14, 2014 | Reply

2. Gage is a busy guy! Thanks for telling us about it. Love the pics.

Comment by Mary | September 14, 2014 | Reply

3. I am exhausted reading about your life with a 3 year old. But, fondly recall the rewards of it all even now 30+ years later.u are a great mom.

Comment by Diane | September 14, 2014 | Reply

4. Cute pics, Stacy! My hat is off to you (and all moms). I’d probably pass out from exhaustion by three o’clock in the afternoon!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | September 14, 2014 | Reply

• Oh, there are days when I force a nap on Gage just so I can have one 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 28, 2014 | Reply

5. What a busy day! Gage is such a social butterfly!

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 14, 2014 | Reply

6. Gage has gotten so big! Very busy days for the both of you and I would never be able to do it.
    Being a mom you just do. Great post

Comment by Jennygirl | September 14, 2014 | Reply

• You could do it, I’m sure. I’m doing things now I never thought I’d be able to. Life has a way of making us grow whether we want to or not 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 28, 2014 | Reply

7. Thanks for sharing the photos and your thoughts. This would be very helpful for other moms of young kids or special needs kids to relate to what you are going through. Looks like Gage had a fun day and got to socialize and play (and snack). Kudos to you for doing this loving, but tough, job every day. Brings back memories of my kids’ early days.

Comment by My Home of Books (@duffygal777) | September 14, 2014 | Reply

• Thanks. Sometimes moms need a reality check instead of the endless lists of things we should be doing and how the things we are doing are completely wrong!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 28, 2014 | Reply

8. I love this post, it reminds me of when my kids were little. Gage is so cute! Boy, he has a busy day, but I know with my grandson you have to keep doing new things or he gets bored really quickly. I wish I had half his energy!

I can’t wait to see more of these posts!

Comment by Vicki | September 14, 2014 | Reply

9. That is busy, and it makes me tired! Like everyone else, it does remind me of when my kids were young. My son is ADHD so there was never a dull moment. Before you know it, they are older and more self-sufficient, and you will wish they needed you more (or not!).

Comment by sandynawrot | September 14, 2014 | Reply

• Hmmm. Gage being more self-sufficient is my goal in life at this point. I know I will miss being able to protect him though.

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 28, 2014 | Reply

10. Gage is very busy.

Comment by theriverdaughterkj | September 15, 2014 | Reply

11. Just reading about Gage’s day exhausts me… you are amazing, Stacy!

Comment by lakesidemusing | September 15, 2014 | Reply

• Haha, Joanne. I’m exhausted!

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 28, 2014 | Reply

12. Wow, I don’t know how you keep up with him! Love the pictures. He’s a cutie!

Comment by Anna (Diary of an Eccentric) | September 15, 2014 | Reply

13. What a great post! I imagine you are exhausted by the end of the day. You are such a great mom, Stacy.

Comment by Literary Feline | September 15, 2014 | Reply

• I think you’ve got a mouseful yourself 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | September 28, 2014 | Reply

14. Phew big day, like most days I bet … great post and love the pictures Stacy, even if Gage was sick of them lol.

Comment by Teddyree | September 16, 2014 | Reply

15. Your days with him are very busy! Looks like he enjoy them. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing his day and your day with us!

Comment by Heather | September 16, 2014 | Reply

16. You should read “Where She Went” You will like it.

Comment by kelley jensen | September 17, 2014 | Reply

17. I love how you did this from Gage’s perspective. I think sometimes as a parent I forget to get down on the level of my kiddo to see how she is doing and feeling (you are probably much more intune with Gage). I’m so glad you shared this!!

Comment by Trish | September 18, 2014 | Reply