Monday Mailbox – September 22

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Jason and I went to Washington DC for a few days last week and surprise, surprise, not much reading was done BUT that didn’t stop Mt. TBR from growing 🙂

The Silent Sister

The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain (sent by the publisher)

In The Silent Sister, Riley MacPherson has spent her entire life believing that her older sister Lisa committed suicide as a teenager.  Now, over twenty years later, her father has passed away and she’s in New Bern, North Carolina cleaning out his house when she finds evidence to the contrary.  Lisa is alive.  Alive and living under a new identity.  But why exactly was she on the run all those years ago, and what secrets are being kept now?  As Riley works to uncover the truth, her discoveries will put into question everything she thought she knew about her family.  Riley must decide what the past means for her present, and what she will do with her newfound reality.

Murder Strikes a Pose

Murder Strikes a Pose by Tracy Weber (a signed copy won from Vicki at I’d Rather Be At The Beach – THANK YOU TRACY AND VICKI!!!)

When George and Bella—a homeless alcoholic and his intimidating German shepherd—disturb the peace outside her studio, yoga instructor Kate Davidson’s Zen-like calm is stretched to the breaking point. Kate tries to get rid of them before Bella scares the yoga pants off her students. Instead, the three form an unlikely friendship.

One night Kate finds George’s body behind her studio. The police dismiss his murder as a drug-related street crime, but she knows George wasn’t a dealer. So Kate starts digging into George’s past while also looking for someone to adopt Bella before she’s sent to the big dog park in the sky. With the murderer nipping at her heels, Kate has to work fast or her next Corpse Pose may be for real.

Did anything fun show up in your mailbox last week?

September 21, 2014 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. I was hoping to get the Chamberlain book but couldn’t. It sounds a great read.

Comment by Mystica | September 22, 2014 | Reply

2. The Chamberlain book sounds really good, and I LOVE the cover!!

I hope you love Murder Strikes a Pose as much as I did!!

Comment by Vicki | September 22, 2014 | Reply

3. The cover of Murders Strikes a Pose makes me smile. Hope you had a wonderful getaway 🙂

Comment by Mary | September 22, 2014 | Reply

4. Just saw another post mentioning The Silent Sister…. that sounds very good!
    I’m sure you had a great time in DC 🙂

Comment by lakesidemusing | September 22, 2014 | Reply

5. Congratulations on the win! I want the new Chamberlain book!

Comment by BermudaOnion | September 22, 2014 | Reply

6. I enjoy Chamberlain’s books so look forward to your thoughts on this one!

Comment by booksnyc | September 22, 2014 | Reply

7. Have a great reading week.

Comment by sagustocox | September 22, 2014 | Reply

8. Both look pretty good Stacy – enjoy

Comment by diane | September 22, 2014 | Reply

9. I hope you had a nice trip, Stacy! Enjoy your books. They look like they will be good reads.

Comment by Literary Feline | September 23, 2014 | Reply

10. I love Diane Chamberlain….ENJOY The Silent Sister.

Nothing stops TBR stacks. LOL!!

ENJOY your week.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

Comment by Elizabeth (Silver's Reviews) | September 23, 2014 | Reply

11. […] The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain @Stacy’s Books […]

Pingback by Books That Caught Our Eye | Mailbox Monday | September 24, 2014 | Reply

12. Murder Strikes a Pose looks fun. Enjoy the books.

Comment by Carol | September 24, 2014 | Reply

13. I’m late getting around to visiting blogs but I hope you had a great week Stacy. Photos on FB look great. I hope to get to The Silent Sister next week, love Diane Chamberlain’s writing.

Comment by Teddyree | September 26, 2014 | Reply

14. Hi Stacy,

I just noticed that co-host Vicki, singled out ‘Silent Sister’ from your MM post, as one of her finds of the week, so I thought I would hop across and say HI!

Congratulations on getting your hands on a copy, although the book is already on my ‘Want To Read’ list, following a recommendation from my mother-in-law, who is a huge Diane Chamberlain fan.

I do think that my days of striking a pose like that, yoga initiated or not, are long gone! I don’t read ‘cozies’ on too regular a basis, as I generally prefer my murder / mysteries with a bit more blood and gore, however I have made a not of author Tracy Weber, for the future.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far,

Yvonne

Comment by Fiction-Books (@Fiction_Books) | September 28, 2014 | Reply

15. I like both your books. Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Topazshell | September 29, 2014 | Reply