July’s Movies

Wow!  I saw a lot of movies this month.  And some good ones too 🙂

Add your 5 words (or less!) to mine and earn $1 for charity.  Once we get to $100 the person with the most reviews will choose the charity.  Click here to see the past winners, the charities they chose and the other reviews you can add to.  Anyone is welcome to join in at any time.

I hope that you will take a few minutes to participate when you can each month.  It’s fun for me and for everyone else who reads it.  I’m not looking for a critical review, just a few words about how you felt about the movie.  This is ongoing so you can leave your 5 words anytime.

We’re up to $50

Austenland Poster.jpgAustenland, 2013 (Cast-Keri Russell, Jennifer Coolidge, Jane Seymour, JJ Field, Bret McKenzie)                          Grade A-

I want Austenland immersion too!

Slapstick, cheesy comedy with romance!   (Heather)

I want who she got 🙂   (Michelle)

Lorax teaser poster.jpgThe Lorax, 2012 (Voices-Danny DeVito, Ed Helms, Betty White, Zac Ephron, Taylor Swift, Rob Riggle)      Grade B+

Trees, trees – I love trees!

Cute and fun. Save trees!   (Heather)

Total cuteness, go the trees!   (Teddyree)

Belle poster.jpgBelle, 2013 (Cast-Tom Wilkinson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Emily Watson, Penelope Wilton, Sarah Gadon, Sam Reid)       Grade B

Seemingly romantic view of history.

Winters bone poster.jpgWinter’s Bone, 2010 (Cast-Jennifer Lawrence, John Hawkes, Lauren Sweetser, Garret Dillahunt)     Grade B

Ozarks aggressive take on  justice.

Better on second time watching.  (Michelle)

Acting amazing…story so sad.   (Heather)

It ain’t easy being poor.  (Tony)

Just Go with It Poster.jpgJust Go With It, 2011 (Cast-Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Brooklyn Decker, Nicole Kidman)      Grade C+

Aniston makes 40’s look good.

Sex Tape (film).jpgSex Tape, 2014 (Cast-Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel, Rob Corddry, Rob Lowe, Ellie Kemper)      Grade C

Laughs, eye rolls, laughs, shrugs.

Lucy (2014 film) poster.jpgLucy, 2014 (Cast-Scarlett Johanssen, Morgan Freeman, Min-Sik Choi, Amr Waked)       Grade D

90% really, really disliked it.

Mind-blowing – really makes you think.   (Michelle)

Not expected storyline – kinda ‘meh’.  (Kay)

July 31, 2014 - Posted by | 5 Word Movie Reviews |

1. Austenland: Slapstick, cheesy comedy with romance! (I liked the movie a lot better than the book!)

Lorax: Cute and fun. Save trees!

Winter’s Bone: Acting amazing…story so sad.

Lucy looks really creepy. Guess I’ll pass on this one!

Comment by Heather | July 31, 2014 | Reply

• You might like it. I think it’s a love or hate thing.

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 1, 2014 | Reply

2. Austenland: I want who she got. 🙂

Winter’s Bone: Better on second time watching.

Lucy: Mind-blowing – really makes you think.

Side note: You didn’t like Lucy? I really liked it!

Comment by annericeneverends | August 1, 2014 | Reply

• I didn’t like Lucy, but there were parts that were okay and I wasn’t bored! I was shocked that my husband didn’t like it either. I think it must be a love or hate thing,

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 1, 2014 | Reply

3. Have not seen these movies, but do want to watch Austenland.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | August 1, 2014 | Reply

4. I haven’t seen any of these but I did see the trailer for Lucy and thought it looked very odd.

Comment by BermudaOnion | August 1, 2014 | Reply

• I’m actually the one who suggested that we see it! Disappointing.

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 1, 2014 | Reply

5. Ha!! We saw a preview for Lucy recently and Scott thought it looked AWESOME. Meh–I think you’ve confirmed what I thought. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Just Go With It, though!

Comment by Trish | August 1, 2014 | Reply

• I was a little embarrassed by how much I thought that Just Go With It didn’t suck 😉

Comment by stacybuckeye | August 1, 2014 | Reply

6. I haven’t seen any of these, but would like to see a few of them. I think this “5 words” charity thing is awesome!!

Comment by Vicki | August 2, 2014 | Reply

7. Is it bad that I’m glad you didn’t like Lucy either? Haha! I wish now I’d gone and seen Sex Tape like I originally planned.

Comment by Literary Feline | August 4, 2014 | Reply

8. Lucy and Sex Tapes are on at the movies here now … I really wanted to see Lucy but a friend said it was *crud* lol. Same friend loved Sex Tape … hmm

The Lorax – total cuteness, go the trees!

Comment by Teddyree | August 10, 2014 | Reply

9. I wish there was a real Austenland too. I would so be there!

Comment by kelley | August 16, 2014 | Reply

10. […] Favorite animated film was The Lorax. […]

Pingback by 2014 Movie Favorites and Stats « Stacy's Books | December 30, 2014 | Reply

11. Lucy – Not expected storyline – kinda ‘meh’.

Comment by Kay | February 27, 2015 | Reply