Sundays with Gage – Recovery

When an ER doctor writes your 3-year-old an antibiotics prescription for two infections, it should me mandatory to also write the attending parent a prescription for a vacation or if that’s too much he might throw in a bottle of wine with the bill.  Gage has been on antibiotics this week  and started camp again on Thursday.  That’s a week and a half of yuckiness and fever.  I  filled my own wine prescription but really think I need to up it a notch to a day at the spa!  After some early trouble we have found a method of getting him to take his medicine.  Yesterday it took Jason and hour and a half and this morning it took me about 20 minutes.   This is the first day he’s actually starting eating meals again, YAY!  I know he lost over a pound the first week he was sick, so the boy needs to eat.

benjamins partyI am happy and relieved that he is feeling better. He was able to go to his friend’s birthday party yesterday and have some fun. Stay healthy everyone.  Maybe I’ll see you at the spa 🙂

July 13, 2014 - Posted by | Gage

1. What a relief that he’s feeling better–and hopefully you’ll be able to get some relief as well. It’s tough when they’re sick! I always enjoy the extra snuggles but that’s about it. Elle had to take some tamiflu a few months ago and we would fight for an hour or so before she’d finally take it. We eventually had to mix it with chocolate syrup to help it go down easier. Sigh. Enjoy the spa day–even if just mentally. 😉

Comment by Trish | July 13, 2014 | Reply

• We decided that yesterday (day 8) was the last day of the antibiotic. It was supposed to be 10, but I just couldn’t stomach 2 more days of the figthing and he really has been fine for quite a few days.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

2. Getting children to take their medicine wasn’t easy for me either. I hope Gage feels better and puts that pound back on fast!

Comment by Mary | July 13, 2014 | Reply

• He has started eating better, but I’m afraid to weigh him yet!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

3. Poor Gage and Mommy.

Comment by diane | July 13, 2014 | Reply

• He is better and as sassy as ever 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

4. It sounds like you do need a day at the spa! I’m glad Gage is better!

Comment by BermudaOnion | July 13, 2014 | Reply

• Yes, I need to make that appointment now!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

5. If you were closer I’d give you a free mani/pedi!! So glad that he is better, it is scary when the little ones are sick.

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | July 13, 2014 | Reply

• Thanks 🙂 I actually have a gift card for a few things at a local spa but just haven’t found the time to schedule it.

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

6. Glad he’s feeling better. Yes, I could use a trip to a spa. Let’s go. 🙂

Comment by thetruebookaddict | July 14, 2014 | Reply

7. Sorry you’ve all had such a tough week, but I’m glad Gage is feeling better. Now Mom needs to recover… a spa day may be just the thing! Take care, Stacy.

Comment by lakesidemusing | July 14, 2014 | Reply

8. I’m glad he’s feeling better. And you definitely deserve a spa day.

Comment by Carol | July 14, 2014 | Reply

9. It’s good to hear that Gage is feeling better. I hope you get a day at the spa. 🙂

Comment by Vasilly | July 14, 2014 | Reply

10. Glad to hear that Gage is feeling better!! As you know, I love going to the beach, but a day at the spa sounds almost as good as a day at the beach!!

Comment by Vicki | July 14, 2014 | Reply

• I’d take a day at the beach too 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

11. I am so glad Gage is feeling better, Stacy. Mouse doesn’t like to take medication either and it’s such an ordeal to get it into her. I’ve mixed it with her juice (which isn’t ideal, but if it works . . .), tried to coax her to drink it with promises of something she really wants, and held her down with the help of my husband to put it in her mouth. I hate doing it that way, but sometimes it’s necessary. 😦

Comment by Literary Feline | July 15, 2014 | Reply

• LOL, we’ve tried all those things too. The last time we held him down all three of us ended up wearing the medicine 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

12. What a miserable week. Glad you are all feeling better. Now go to the spa, or at least have some chocolates… 🙂

Comment by Leslie | July 15, 2014 | Reply

• Ah, chocolates. They solve so many problems, don’t they?

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

13. I am so glad he is starting to feel better!

Comment by pinkim95 | July 15, 2014 | Reply

14. I’m sorry he’s been sick–I hope you are both on the mend soon.

Comment by kelley | July 16, 2014 | Reply

• This week has been much better for both of us!

Comment by stacybuckeye | July 17, 2014 | Reply

15. Stacy, my wife, Joni, and I always made sure to get away together – without the kids! – for a few days here and there. Today they’re 38, 35, and 30, and they don’t seem too scarred from us having done that (although you never know what they tell their therapists!). I hope you and your husband can do that sometimes too.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | July 20, 2014 | Reply