Deweys 24 Hour Read-a-Thon starts now!

deweys-readathonbuttonHi! Welcome to Stacy’s Books!  I hope to participate for the whole 24 hours.   Here’s the cheat sheet for the day…

1.  I’m joining in the fun from the Cleveland, Ohio area (there are beautiful areas here so don’t believe all the jokes!)

2. I am looking forward the all the books in my pile today, but probably The Firebird by Kearsley and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Zevin the most.

3. There’s a mini peanut butter pie calling my name in the frig!

4. Last night, on one of our weekly date nights, my husband and I ended up at the grocery store and Old Navy.  Yes, I felt incredibly old and boring.

5. The last read-a-thon I made the mistake of choosing the shortest books from my TBR piles even if I didn’t really want to read them so I burned out on not so good books fast.  This time I’ve chosen ones I’m excited about reading.  This is my 4th read-a-thon and I think I’ve made it the whole 24 hours twice.  That’s not bad.

April 26, 2014 - Posted by | Read-a-Thon

1. AJ Fikry is an awesome choice. I almost wish I had saved it for this weekend. Enjoy! *\o/*

Comment by Heather | April 26, 2014 | Reply

2. You’ve got your books,
    You’ve got your snacks.
    Now you can read and just relax!

That’s a great point about burning out on books that aren’t great. I’ve done that before!

Comment by Melissa | April 26, 2014 | Reply

3. Enjoy the day with your books and snacks. (Maybe there’s a glass of wine later on?) It is amazing you can do it, I would be asleep halfway into the first book regardless of how good it might be. Happy Reading!!

Comment by Gage's grandma | April 26, 2014 | Reply

4. Sounds like a good plan, Stacy! Good luck and have fun!

Comment by Literary Feline | April 26, 2014 | Reply

5. Have a great day of reading. I hope to get some time in this afternoon!

Comment by Nise' (Under the Boardwalk) | April 26, 2014 | Reply

6. Hope you’re having fun. Can’t wait to hear what you think of A.J. Fikry!

Comment by lakesidemusing | April 26, 2014 | Reply

7. I’m so glad you were able to do this!

Comment by Heather | May 1, 2014 | Reply