Mailbox Monday – February 24

mmb-300x282Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

A few kid’s books arrived from Red Feather Productions, all by the author Carole P Roman.  (The Treasure of Snake Island, Whaley’s Big Adventure, If You Were Me and Lived in…India) Thank you!  I’m planning a week long activity fest with Gage using all of the country books we’ve collected so far!

roman

On Saturday after a lovely dinner Jason and I walked to the local indie bookstore and I bought a few things. I got the two books for $1 each (Blackberry Wine by Joanne Harris, One True Thing by Anna Quindlen) and I paid whatever they asked for the beautiful box of 100 Jane Austen postcards. The box is very nice and I shared a few of the postcards so that you can see how cool they are!  If you are an Austen fan and want one mailed  your way, let me know 🙂

austen

So what arrived in your mailbox this week?

February 24, 2014 - Posted by | Mailbox Monday

1. I really liked One True Thing.

Comment by Lloyd Russell | February 24, 2014 | Reply

2. Awwwesome JA stash ! [2 variations posted in my mailbox monday today]
    would def LuV one mailed this way – and HUGE TY !
    [email in blog profile]
    and what a great buy for $1 books… enjoy =)

Comment by faith hope & cherrytea | February 24, 2014 | Reply

3. I just started reading a book by Anna Quindlen. She is a new to me author. Enjoy! Lovely post cards! Great finds!

Comment by postingfornow | February 24, 2014 | Reply

4. I read One True Thing years ago and really enjoyed it. Hope you have a terrific week!

Comment by Beth Hoffman | February 24, 2014 | Reply

5. You plan the best activities for Gage! The Quindlen book looks terrific and the postcards look perfect for you!

Comment by BermudaOnion | February 24, 2014 | Reply

6. One True Thing was the first Anna Quindlen novel I read… so good! Love the Jane Austen post cards, too.

Comment by lakesidemusing | February 24, 2014 | Reply

7. Jane Austen postcards are cool

Comment by sagustocox | February 24, 2014 | Reply

8. Sounds like you and Jason had the perfect date – dinner and a bookstore! Nice finds and I want to find those postcards!

Comment by Mary | February 24, 2014 | Reply

9. LOTS of fun books there Stacy –enjoy

Comment by Diane@BibliophilebytheSea | February 24, 2014 | Reply

10. It’s so difficult to resist $1.00 books. I probably would have brought both of those too!

Comment by Leslie | February 25, 2014 | Reply

11. Love the postcards! The books sound good too. I hope you enjoy them!

Comment by Literary Feline | February 25, 2014 | Reply

12. I love finding good deals on books! Your activity fest with Gage sounds like fun!

Comment by Vicki | February 25, 2014 | Reply

13. Great deals on the two books! I love being able to pick up a book for $1. 🙂

Comment by Pamela D | February 25, 2014 | Reply

14. Nice mailbox. Blackberry Wine looks good to me.

Elizabeth